Celebrities That Usually Don't Reply TTM

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
thatguyalex
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Celebrities That Usually Don't Reply TTM

Post by thatguyalex »

Yah! Totally! They should definitely perform on queue like monkeys!

As if any of you would work for free!

How about this...they get paid to do a job (be in a movie, tv show, sing or whatever) and you pay for their work by going to the movies, watching tv, buying a CD or seeing a show. Why the hell do they owe you anything beyond that?

Do you know why Wayne Gretzky rarely comes to Canada anymore? It's because he is mobbed every second he is in public by people looking for autographs (mostly to sell on ebay). You all would last five seconds under that kind of scrutiny (I'd snap inside a minute).

Signing is a courtesy...treat it as such...it ain't a right.
Blog about autograph hunting: http://autograph-guy.blogspot.com/

Coolest TTM (Mostly through clever research/contacts)
The Clash (Terry Chimes, Topper Headon), Leslie Neilson, Denis Leary, Stan Lee

Coolest in person
Norm MacDonald

Pre-prints, autopens, stamps and secretarials are not successes. They belong in the garbage. Please PLEASE stop congratulating people for getting these back. Collecting autographs is about actually getting autographs!
autoland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autoland »

thatguyalex wrote:Yah! Totally! They should definitely perform on queue like monkeys!

As if any of you would work for free!

How about this...they get paid to do a job (be in a movie, tv show, sing or whatever) and you pay for their work by going to the movies, watching tv, buying a CD or seeing a show. Why the hell do they owe you anything beyond that?

Do you know why Wayne Gretzky rarely comes to Canada anymore? It's because he is mobbed every second he is in public by people looking for autographs (mostly to sell on ebay). You all would last five seconds under that kind of scrutiny (I'd snap inside a minute).

Signing is a courtesy...treat it as such...it ain't a right.

Absolutely right, signing is a courtesy, and that's why, if any star does'ot have an intrest in signing, that's ok. and I do not believe, in a star getting mobbed.

But please answer me this one question, if you believe, that we should, not expect any autographs, from anyone, why are you on this site? and if that is the case, you too should never ask anyone for an autograph, yourself. That makes sense too me.

But being a star, has drawbacks, and any actor in at least the last 80-90 years, would know the people do ask for autographs, it goes with the job, and I have heard many A listers who said, that an autograph is the least, that they can give their fans.

So as long as everyone is senseable about it, I cannot see a problem. Also is your avarage person earning hundreds of millions, I know I dont. And there is a lot of work that I do for free, like helping people in my community, been doing for years without payment.
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

^ Well said. {up} And if part of fame and fortune is settling down with a hot chocolate once a week and signing your signature to make someone very happy, what's the problem?

[I have my own opinion about people who wait for celebrities outside every conceivable building but that's another matter]

@ healthysean - when did you write to Bernard Hill? I have been wanting his signature for a while now but I thought he didn't sign.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
Movieye
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Movieye »

I worked for a couple actors (sorry, can't name them) who had very clear approaches to fan mail requests for autographs TTM.

Fan mail typically came over once a week in a box or bag from the actor's agency or from the studio.

1. Any fan mail without a SASE or IRC was tossed.

2. Fan mail was then sorted to remove blatantly obvious form letters. My favorites were the printed form letters where someone would handwrite the "Dear NAME" field, while the rest of the letter was printed.

So that hopefully left letters from actual fans.

3. Next, if the letter had a paragraph that actually described what they liked about the celebrity, they got into the final pile. Loved your film, loved your role, loved your appearance...

4. Then, I'd highlight the letter sender's name so that the actor could see at a glance whom he was making it out to.

5. The actors always signed in silver or blue sharpie - personalized - to prevent ebaying.

Occasionally, these actors would receive a letter from a school or charity requesting an autographed item for an auction. If I had time, I would call to verify it was a legitimate request, but the problem was that 75% of the time, the request would be too late. They'd ask for an autograph for an event that was the next week.

BTW, any fan mail sent to the actors' home addresses were always dumped because they didn't want to verify a correct address.

Oh, so the point of this post is that I agree celebs should sign TTM - it's good PR, it's good karma, and some actors do indeed realize that their fans made them what they are today. And it doesn't really cost them anything except an hour of their time a week. It's a ego boost to most!
Received thx to Fanmailbiz DB: Michael Angarano, Judge Judy, Judi Dench, Jay Leno, Joanna Lumley, Andrew Zimmern, Justin Berfield, Fred Ewanuick, Christian Slater, Thomas Jane, Donna Summer, Edward James Olmos, Aaron Eckardt

Waiting on: Zachary Quinto, Masi Oka, James Hong, Catherine O'Hara, Ben Foster, Aaron Johnson

RTS: Sean Young
x-Jen-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-Jen-x »

Movieye wrote:I worked for a couple actors (sorry, can't name them) who had very clear approaches to fan mail requests for autographs TTM.

Fan mail typically came over once a week in a box or bag from the actor's agency or from the studio.

1. Any fan mail without a SASE or IRC was tossed.

2. Fan mail was then sorted to remove blatantly obvious form letters. My favorites were the printed form letters where someone would handwrite the "Dear NAME" field, while the rest of the letter was printed.

So that hopefully left letters from actual fans.

3. Next, if the letter had a paragraph that actually described what they liked about the celebrity, they got into the final pile. Loved your film, loved your role, loved your appearance...

4. Then, I'd highlight the letter sender's name so that the actor could see at a glance whom he was making it out to.

5. The actors always signed in silver or blue sharpie - personalized - to prevent ebaying.

Occasionally, these actors would receive a letter from a school or charity requesting an autographed item for an auction. If I had time, I would call to verify it was a legitimate request, but the problem was that 75% of the time, the request would be too late. They'd ask for an autograph for an event that was the next week.

BTW, any fan mail sent to the actors' home addresses were always dumped because they didn't want to verify a correct address.

Oh, so the point of this post is that I agree celebs should sign TTM - it's good PR, it's good karma, and some actors do indeed realize that their fans made them what they are today. And it doesn't really cost them anything except an hour of their time a week. It's a ego boost to most!

Well explained, thanks for posting {up}

Jen
x

Recent TTM successes: Lucy Miller, Linzi Hateley, Lauren Samuels, Lucy Scherer
Favourite TTM successes: Danielle Hope, Jodie Prenger, Sophie Evans, Lucy Scherer
Favourite IP successes: Jodie Prenger(x3), Nikki Davis Jones(x2), Connie Fisher(x2), Sheridan Smith(x2), Oli Tompsett(x1)
Recently sent: Nikki Davis-Jones, Ashleigh Gray, Chloe Taylor, Samantha Barks, Susan Mcfadden, Suzie Mcadam, Jenny Douglas
Planning on sending to: Annaleigh Ashford, Kristin Chenoweth

Sig made made by me. Do not take thanks :)
kaykay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kaykay »

could someone explain VV to me??
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

kaykay wrote:could someone explain VV to me??
Refer to this topic: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=22007 {up}

Khackdrums :D
Kyle :)

DON'T TREAD ON ME! [us] PRIDE!

Grunge is Dead.
ricin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ricin »

Viggo Mortensen
Paul Bettany
Oh, what a shame. They're on my most wanted list. Do you think they send out preprints? :D
SKINS Signature credits to Nicole175. Thank you. :)

Autographs Recieved:J.K Rowling (Authentic), Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Evanna Lynch, Robbie Coltrane (x2), Maggie Smith, Alan Rickman, Michael Emerson, Freddie Stroma, John Grisham, Elijah Wood, Matthew Lewis, The All-American Rejects, Panic! At The Disco, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps,...................
Most Wanted: Harry Potter Cast, Jack & Bobby Cast, SKINS Cast, James Patterson, Coldplay, Supernatural Cast, Sir Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Jude Law, Logan Lerman, Dean Collins, H.E President Barack Obama
Favourite: LOGAN LERMAN, J.K Rowling (Authentic), Maggie Smith, Freddie Stroma, Panic! At The Disco, The All-American Rejects, Maroon 5, John Grisham

DO NOT PM ME FOR E-MAIL ADDRESSES.

MY WEBSITE: http://www.alghernonhenri.webs.com
jessemcluv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re:

Post by jessemcluv »

tinker_mel wrote:I just wanted to say NEVER GIVE UP!

Most celebs DO sign, just keep trying.

This thread put me on a bit of a downer to be honest. Don't give up, you never know what you'll get through the letter box!
People Never ever get up. You get a preprint.. You got something. Get an RTS well then Keep trying. Different addresses come about. Don't get down cause of one lousy or two
^Thanks to -Lil1- for the signature!!!!
Most Wanted: Samuel Jackson, Elizabeth Gillies, John Goodman, John Lasseter, Tsubasa English Dub Cast, Tom Hanks
Favorites: Big Time Rush {IP}, Jason Aldean, Demi Lovato, Danielle Campbell, Munro Chambers, Devon Bostick, Billy Crystal

Current Collections: Toy Story, Disney Princess, Pixar Animators, Tsubasa (English Dub) Cast

Recent Received: N/A
Recent Sent: Nancy Cartwright, 7.12.14
Check my website!!! jmlxautographs.webs.com <- UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! (Will be updated with new autographs soon!)
that_darn_elf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by that_darn_elf »

philip proctor

Got a reply, on top of my message, a very large NO in capital letters.

http://southdevonplayers.weebly.com/fundraising.html