Who is superstitious about requests and in what way ???

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Who is superstitious about requests and in what way ???

Post by johnnylightning »

I was just curious who is superstitious about something to do with their autograph requests,like i know some people feel certain days are lucky days to get back autos or maybe you have a lucky pen or something i don't know i was just curious about other people's superstition's towards requests? I have a few,one is i send out a few diff types & brands of return photo mailer envelopes & this one brand and style i use i have received back every one i ever sent,so i have switched now to this brand only,lol One other weird thing is the autographs i really feel i will get back i always get back & sometimes i will think about a certain request i sent out and then within a few days i got that one back...Weird stuff i know but i would like to hear other peoples superstition's ?
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Who is superstitious about requests and in what way ???

Post by Theone30 »

I am not superstises or any thing but I find that the majority of my successes come on Monday for some reason

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*
KHsparklingX
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by KHsparklingX »

Mine usually came on Fridays but Ive had a few over the past few days :)
best yet:JLS, Coleen Nolan and Peter Andre.
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

I never seem to get any good mail on Saturdays. :neutral:

And for the longest time I never seemed to get a DVD/CD cover signed. (I think my luck is changing about that!)
indigo15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by indigo15 »

:D I don't know if it counts as superstitious, but almost all of my favorite autographs arrived on Saturdays.

I do have something that is kind of superstitious, not to mention kind of silly. Whenever I send off a request, I have to input the information in a chart I made a few years ago on Microsoft Word. The chart keeps track of when I sent off the request, whether it was via mail or e-mail, what was sent, what was received, and the address I used. For some strange reason, I feel that I won't get an autograph back unless everything in the chart is up-to-date. Case in point: I went almost four months without a single autograph...I looked at my chart, saw that some information was outdated, and changed it. The next day, TWO autographs came. Total coincidence, I know. But I still make sure I keep my chart up-to-date, just in case...
TTM SUCCESS: Kris Allen, David Archuleta, Aaron Ashmore, Shawn Ashmore, Mike Barz, Lance Bass (x2), Coby Bell (x2), Kameron Bink, Eric Carroll, Austin Carty, Eddie Cibrian, Misha Collins, Nicholas D'Agosto (x2), Tim Daly, Chris Daughtry, Melinda Doolittle (x2), Michael Emerson (x2), Chris Evans, Joey Fatone, Drew Fuller, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey (x2), Greg Grunberg, Bret Harrison (x2), Melissa Joan Hart, Chelsie Hightower, Sam Huntington, Yvonne Jung, Bruce Kanegai (x3), Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Kristin Kreuk, Ken Leung, Patrick Levis, Blake Lewis, Jason Lezak, Gev Manoukian, Curt Mega, Jonathan Murphy, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere, Scarlett Pomers, Chris Richardson, Mark Salling, Ryne Sanborn, Drew Seeley, Sabrina Sloan, Jordin Sparks, Christy Smith (x2), Phil Stacey, Channing Tatum, Tia Texada, TJ Thyne, Mark Wahlberg, Brooke White (x2), Jason Wiles, Kris Williams

Latest IP: Emilio Dosal [10-18-2014 at SYTYCD Tour]
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

When I'm writing my request, I use the pen with my right hand, but my left hand always has to be holding a closed umbrella, pointed upwards.

Also, I have to hop on one foot as I'm putting my request in the mailbox for good luck.

Only one of those is true. But which one?

I'm lying, neither of those are true. I have no superstitions in regards to this.
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

dfreely wrote:When I'm writing my request, I use the pen with my right hand, but my left hand always has to be holding a closed umbrella, pointed upwards.

Also, I have to hop on one foot as I'm putting my request in the mailbox for good luck.

Only one of those is true. But which one?

I'm lying, neither of those are true. I have no superstitions in regards to this.
If this actually works, I'm going to start doing it right away! :lol:
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

I have a lucky pen ;) I can't say if it really works but I believe it does :)
Thanks to Seb for my beautiful set! :)

Favourites: Kellan Lutz!, David Wenham!, Frank W. Abagnale, Tom Felton, Billy Boyd,
Adrien Brody, Channing Tatum, Geoffrey Rush, Robert Pattinson, Ian Somerhalder
Most wanted: Dominic Monaghan, Amanda Bynes, Heath Ledger (RIP)
Last one received: James Franco

{star} My Autograph Website
packrat

Post by packrat »

dfreely wrote:I have no superstitions in regards to this.
I don't either. I think superstitions are a waste of time. What I do here has no bearing on whether someone across the country signs for me or not.

As for the days of the week, I used to mainly get successes on Mondays for some reason, but that has changed. Now they come on various days of the week. They also fail to show up on various days of the week. But for some odd reason that I just can't comprehend, I've never gotten a success on a Sunday.