im new to this

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
hannah.w.94
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

im new to this

Post by hannah.w.94 »

hi i have only just joined and have some questions

first i don't really know what to include in the letter

and is it better to type or hand write

thanks!
DanaRenoMBA
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: im new to this

Post by DanaRenoMBA »

You should be able to find some helpful posts under collecting help. Basically I would (in addition to looking there) suggest that you just write about a page (hand write neatly, it's more personal in my opinion than typing) and tell the celebrity what it is that you enjoy or admire about their work. Be sure to be polite. Use the words "please" and "thank you" and be prepared to wait for a response. There is more that I coud write, but as I said you should be able to find lots of help under collecting help.
I have been asked many times about trading / selling some of my autographs. I am sorry but my collection is not and will not be for sale.
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

Hey :D
Persnally, I think you should hand write your letters because that makes them more personal.
In your letter just explain why youur a fan of the celeb your writing to. Tell you favourite songs/films/tv episodes that there in, and just explain why you like them.
Good luck with your collecting!
Paige {??}
Thanks to -Lil1- for my gorgeous siggy :D
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by legendwithoutaname »

I have a whole page on letter writing tips here : http://lancesautograph.webs.com/myletters.html
I will NOT PM you an address.
I will assist you in getting said address.
IE: give you pointers on where to get it.
packrat

Post by packrat »

hannah.w.94 wrote:hi i have only just joined and have some questions

first i don't really know what to include in the letter

and is it better to type or hand write

thanks!
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but based on the typing skills displayed above, I would suggest that you send handwriten letters. My mother was a teacher and she once pointed out to me that it's better to make errors when writing by hand than when typing since it would stand out more in a type-written letter. I never really looked into it, I just took her word for it.

I write out my letters by hand even though my writing isn't the greatest. I use the standard format of three short paragraphs. The first paragraph is something about me. The second is something about the person you are writing to. The third paragraph is where you request an autograph and thank them for reading your letter. Then I sign my name and handwrite my name under my signature. It all fits on one page.