Which web browser do you use?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)

Which web browser do you use?

You may select up to 9 options

View results

omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Which web browser do you use?

Post by omgitscaro »

dfreely wrote:Which web browser do you use
I'm currently using Chrome. {up}
and why did you choose that browser over others?
No reason, just trying to experiment with different browsers, figuring out which one is right for me. :)
Valo03
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Valo03 »

Firefox - best browser I've used
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

Internet Explorer {up}
I have ever had any problems with it and I like the way it is set out and the way it runs :D
Thanks to -Lil1- for my gorgeous siggy :D
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

[quote="ashtonfarell"It is leading with speed as well. Probably the fastest one out there.[/quote]
From a technical standpoint, it's actually a rather slow browser.

It's certainly the most extensible one though. There's hundreds of plugins out there for Firefox.
MeSillyWoohoo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MeSillyWoohoo »

Firefox and Opera
Autographs received: Ray Park, Rob Reiner, Norman Lear, Judi Dench, James Marsters, Mark Harmon, R.L. Stein
Autographs requested: Garett Maggart, Johnny Depp, Richard Burgi, Robert Sean Leonard, Corbin Bernsen, Rob Morrow, Gale Harold, James Roday, Timothy Omundson, David Krumholtz, Judd Hirsch, David McCallum, Michael Weatherly, Sean Murray, Jon Cassar, Jesse Spencer, Hugh Laurie, David Caruso, John Barrowman, Gareth David-Lloyd, and Matthew Gray Gubler
dobie516

Post by dobie516 »

Paigey012 wrote:Internet Explorer {up}
I have never had any problems with it and I like the way it is set out and the way it runs :D
I agree. {up}
Over 9,000 requests sent since 1986.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

I've been using Chrome a bit recently.. it's certainly one of the fastest and most lightweight browsers I've tried. Not a big fan of the UI though.
jamesbondcollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jamesbondcollector »

Opera for me. Internet Explorer is way to slow on my computer. it takes about 5 mins to load. And that is awfully slow!
Most Wanted autographs: 1: Ian Somerhalder, 2: Daniel Radcliffe, 3: Kate Winslet
Favourite Autographs: Daniel Craig, Dido, Mark Ronson, JLS, The Wanted, Robert Pattinson, Coldplay
SilentEcho219
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SilentEcho219 »

Safari, because Firefox on the Mac seems bloated and slow. I would much prefer to use Firefox because of the extensions (I use one a lot for my web development) and added feature. Safari is so much faster compared to it, so that's what I use on an everyday basis,

Technically, I use them all though. I work for a very large company coding web designs into HTML/CSS, and it needs to be consistent across most browsers, so I frequently have Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IE8, IE7, and IE6 open at the same time while I'm working (virtual machines allow me to run IE on the Mac).
-- Jason
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

SilentEcho219 wrote: Technically, I use them all though. I work for a very large company coding web designs into HTML/CSS, and it needs to be consistent across most browsers, so I frequently have Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IE8, IE7, and IE6 open at the same time while I'm working (virtual machines allow me to run IE on the Mac).
I hear ya, the old Internet Explorers were especially painful, but at least fewer and fewer people are using them with each passing day. I still remember the days we had to use box model hacks for IE.

Interestingly enough, there is a browser called Lunascape which uses multiple engines (Gecko, Trident and Webkit) which would allow you to test browser compatibility using just one browser. Last I heard though, it was glitchy and could be spreading malware, which is a shame since it could've been useful.