is this wise?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
TaeBee16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

is this wise?

Post by TaeBee16 »

I had this idea that i would make a fan mail scrapbook. What i would do is send a throw away camera and a ssae for the camera to a celeb. I would ask
them to take a picture/s of anything, like themselves, their show, a pen, whatever they want. And they will send it back with the Ssae i provided. DO u think that celeb's would do this? Which ones do u think will?
froggys_friend91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by froggys_friend91 »

That is a really really cool idea. But dont you think it would cost a lot of money for the cameras? Even throw away ones seem like they would be expensive for you to send to every celeb.

But I love that idea so much. It would be interesting if they took pictures to go and get them developed and see what they took pictures of. I bet some celebs would do that...
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

That is a great idea TaeBee16 {up}

However, this idea would be very costly - the disposable cameras, the postage to send it and get it returned, as well as developing the film.

Weigh up the pros and cons before doing this. I don't know who will and will not take photos, but all the best :D

nowandagain [rockon]
number1elvisfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by number1elvisfan »

i think its a good idea and worth a try maybe for your favorite celebs. some good people to try are maybe the child stars like dakota fanning. o bet she would have fun with that. she also has a good success rate on getting back to her fans. you may also want to try betty white or john travolta. good luck
Autograph count-
authentic= 44
fakes= 42
total= 86
*~* Edward Norton, Ryan Gosling, Dawsons Creek, Elvis Fan *~*
TaeBee16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TaeBee16 »

thanks guys! I think it may cost a lot, but i look at it this way:

Ill only buy one or two cameras, which cost about 8 dollars.
The postage to send and a sase to receive something back would cost about. 5 dollars. However, it takes average a couple of months to get a reply bsack from celebs. So basically i would be paying 13 dollars ever couple month to send them, and after all of the pictures are taken, then to get them develope would cost about 10 dollars. so, it would cost alot, but it would be over a peroid of time.
fbb819
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fbb819 »

It seems like a neat idea. So after you got a camera back from someone you would send it back out and not develop until it is full? That seems a bit risky. If someone did respond and then the next person did it I would die not knowing what the pictures the first person took looked like. It does seem like a really creative idea though. :D
James

Post by James »

fbb819 has a very valid point.

I know someone who sent their Dr Who original covers to some people to get signed, and after 8 rounds of being signed, and returned, it was lost on the 9th round.

You would be very sad if the camara got lost, broken or not returned.
rob234111

IT WORKS

Post by rob234111 »

I did that once to a band called nightwish(my fav. band)(their from Finland) and they mailed it back with out me having to send a SASE. when I got the film developed, it had pictures from great views in finland and some of the lead singer and the other members.
Rob234111 / Robert the other Weasley
http://www.youtube.com/roberttheotherweasley

Favourite Successes - Evanna Lynch In-Person, J.K. Rowling Authentic, Satoshi Tajiri Authentic

Currently Waiting For Responses From - Fantastic Beasts Cast

Most Recent - David Tennant
TaeBee16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TaeBee16 »

^ thats awesome!!

Yeah, it may be a bit risky, but wouldnt it be fun! I mean, im not made of money or anything, but i really dont have anything to lose. Also, im sure many stars, maybe younger stars, would have a lot of fun with it. I dont care if they take one picture or the whole roll! I figured that they would take a couple of pics, so it wont be that bad. I dont think it would get lost, if u send it to the right people, and are very safe about it.
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

It sounds good in theory and all but I just think it's too costly and complicated. I mean is it really worth it just to get a picture of them for like 12 bucks? what if they don't want to do it? you know it's just stuff like that. If they're already signing my whatever I'm happy, let alone asking them for a picture too.

I'd be interested to see the results actually, sounds pretty cool.

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]