Will they sign if...

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
bballcards09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Will they sign if...

Post by bballcards09 »

If I do not send an SASE, will they still sign something, or give me something that they signed? Because if they will I don't want to waste a stamp.

Thanx,
bballcards09 8)
Latest Success: Tony Dungy, Texas Longhorns, Mack Brown
Favorite Success: Kevin Costner, Jennie Finch, Tom Izzo
Waiting for: Troy Polamalu, Jonathan Papelbon, Willie Mays, Derrick Rose, Jed Lowrie, Amanda Freed, Peyton Manning, Carmelo Anthony, Bud Selig
dakotawint
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Will they sign if...

Post by dakotawint »

I'm sure some people will. But the more busy celebs most likely won't bother. Its better just to send a SASE to be safe.
2010 autographs
pending- 4
received- 18
bobd_uk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bobd_uk »

My own view (and I know many people differ!) is that sending a request and expecting the celeb to not only sign you something, but also to pay for it to be sent to you, is quite rude. If they sign, then they're already doing us a favour.
dakotawint
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dakotawint »

bobd_uk wrote:My own view (and I know many people differ!) is that sending a request and expecting the celeb to not only sign you something, but also to pay for it to be sent to you, is quite rude. If they sign, then they're already doing us a favour.
Thats how we look at it, but i'm sure they're over whelmed that we care enough to ask for their autograph. To not send a SASE imo is rude though.
2010 autographs
pending- 4
received- 18
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

It really pays to do your research on the database for this one, as there are a few celebs who do not seem to require a SASE to respond. Others will only reply if you give them something to sign +SASE
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Yeah expecting a celeb to send you a photo AND pay for return postage would be considered very rude. I alway send a couple of items and a SASE with every request. And like Jaffer said, it pays to do your research. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Melindabear2002 »

Some will, some won't. I always try to send one because I think you have a better chance of getting something back. But if you really want to know I'd look up the people you're wondering about and the feedback should tell you.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)