Phobias?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Phobias?

Post by margotchanning »

I'm terrified of mice!! When I was a little kid, my cat brought one in the house alive and it was running around and squeeking. I was so scared!! I sat on my grandad's knee and wouldn't move until my dad caught it! :lol:

I also really hate the noise that cardboard boxes make when you rip them open. I don't know why but it makes my teeth go all funny and my mouth goes dry. It's a real handicap where I work too as we have about twenty boxes of pads, wipes, catheter bags etc every week. Putting them away is a real trial for me! My boss just finds it hilarious :lol:
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Heights maybe, I have never really tested it though. Is a fear of swimming in the ocean at night a phobia?

Khackdrums :D
Jelly_tot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jelly_tot »

FROGS :? :shock:
They scare the living daylights out of me.

Moths-horrible things that fly round your head!!!
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

The unknown, especially death. Lightening, thunder, and heights. (and even when people say "don't look down," I WILL look down, eek!) :neutral:
grobanite19
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by grobanite19 »

Hights!
Public bathrooms, I've never used one in my life! :shock:
and I don't like birds being near or on me. I don't mind birds, I just don't like when they are like on my arm and stuff
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Many of you seem do be posting your pet peeves, which aren't actually phobias.
grobanite19
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by grobanite19 »

Phobia: an anxiety disorder characterized by extreme and irrational fear of simple things or social situations.

Everything everyone is saying seems like a phobia to me!
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

Heights, frogs, dogs, sure. You fear those.

But things like public restrooms and the noise of a cardboard box opening? Those are just pet peeves, because you dislike them, not fear them.
Lady_Sussudio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lady_Sussudio »

I have a phobia of toilets - particularly those with the high tank, at the ceiling.
I've never heard of it before either. I once did a bit of a search online but could only find those afraid of a toilet not being near and they have to go.
I actually fear the toilet itself!

I don't know what I expect them to do, but I hate turning my back on them (being a girl that's quite unavoidable! :lol: ).
When I first go in, I just look at it a moment to make sure it's not doing anything! Then I press on the seat to make sure it's sturdy and won't flush on it's own :lol:
Those with the high tank though, I will not go into at all.
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

I have a fear of vomit. All I need is for someone to say they feel sick and my stomach flips, I go light headed and my whole body turns to jelly. If I see someone be sick I can't even stand up and if there's not many people around I sometimes start crying! It's such a strange phobia to have but it's so horrible and it really effects me. I just googled it and it appears to be called 'Emetophobia'.