Very Frustrated

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Very Frustrated

Post by ursha »

zipbags wrote:Its funny with big and not so big names. I wrote to the entire cast of the show the Mentalist. Two weeks later I got both of pictures signed by Simon Baker (The star of the show). Yet, 5 months later I have only gotten 2 others back from the other cast members.

Ursha, I thought you might appreciate this....

O I love the photo {love} Is this you, on the right side?
I've always wanted to meet her! :) She's amazing in all of the movies she's in ;)

Thanks to Seb for my super set! :)

Most recent: Alessandro Nivola
Favourites: Ed Speleers, Bohem, Geoffrey Rush
Most wanted:Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Dominic Monaghan,
David Wenham, Channing Tatum, Amanda Bynes, Twilight Cast
germany321
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by germany321 »

The more you send the more you receive!
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

Ursha, Yes..that is me. My wife and I were lucky enough to attend the premier and after-party for the movie Talladega Nights and we met her and lots of others there.

And on topic...Today I received one of the signatures I have been waiting to get for a while..Reed Diamond. And it came back in 3 weeks. [ugotmail]
ursha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ursha »

Zipbags-That's great :) :mrgreen: You're lucky ;)

Andybisho, that happens to me most of the time. I don' send many letters out but those I send I really want to get but most of the time I find only bills inside the post box and I'm always disappointed. But when I get an autograph I'm even more happy because I expect bill (as it usually happens) and it's always a nice surprise to get something else.

Thanks to Seb for my super set! :)

Most recent: Alessandro Nivola
Favourites: Ed Speleers, Bohem, Geoffrey Rush
Most wanted:Orlando Bloom, Viggo Mortensen, Dominic Monaghan,
David Wenham, Channing Tatum, Amanda Bynes, Twilight Cast
Zsolt
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zsolt »

Hi!

I started to collect autographs last August because I saw a lot of successes here.I sent out requests to Ricky Martin (August),to Keyshia Cole,Zac Efron (September),to Daniel Radcliffe,Chad Michael Murray (October),to Britney Spears (December),to Victoria Beckham(February),to Lil'Kim,Wentworth Miller (March) and I still haven't got any replies.I sent the addresses where people get successes from so maybe I have to say goodbye to my cd or dvdcovers I sent out.This is frustrating but who knows maybe I get my successes later from them.I sent SAE and IRC.I can't do nothing just to wait.
andybisho
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by andybisho »

UPDATE

I guess I should have waited a little longer before posting my original message because the day after I posted it I got 2 replies out the 5 that I was waiting on!

I got a photo and handwritten letter from Doreen Mantle, and I got a return to sender from David Griffin.

Thanks for all your encouragement. {thumb2}
DanaRenoMBA
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DanaRenoMBA »

I have been collecting autographs for more years that I want to admit, and there have been long periods with little or no success. BUT, the days when I get multiple success make up for the "down times." Don't give up. I just recently recieved a response to a LOR that I had sent over a year earlier. Sometimes it's like that. And sometimes it seems that I get a response as soon as I send something (an exageration).

Whew, those are enough platitudes to last me a life time.
zipbags

Post by zipbags »

DanaRenoMBA wrote: BUT, the days when I get multiple success make up for the "down times."
I know what you mean. I went a couple of days with nothing. Then on Friday. Got 4 successes. Including one I have been trying to get for a while. But, then nothing today. :?
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EastendersFan »

The thing with collecting is patience. 2 months is nothing

Dont give up {thumb2}
omgitscaro
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by omgitscaro »

I get frustrated too.

Especially when everyone post their success on 1 particular celebrity (and even a few sent it the same day as I did!) and I still don't get anything from that person, after a long period of time. I think, "did I say something to offend that person? Am I doing something wrong?!"

I guess they just take an extremely long time to get to their mail... :neutral: