Time Minimum for Moderators

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
Jelly_tot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Time Minimum for Moderators

Post by Jelly_tot »

i would love to be a TM just wouldnt know who to ask or where. I joined here in 2006 so i thought i might be able to??
nich9494

Post by nich9494 »

I completely agree {up} It's unfair for the TMs/Mods that actually try to do things that are useful on this forum and help out. The links that PyritescarraBEAN ;-) posted are to member profiles, members that I've rarely seen on this forum :? Were'nt the original rules you have to be a member for at least 5 months with at least 100 posts? {down}

Not trying to be rude, but the position of a TM doesn't mean anything anymore if just anyone who asks gets promoted :neutral:

Nich
x
automan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by automan »

Phoebe wrote:I completely agree, I have seen many new TM's, some even after just 2 1/2 months of being on the forum. The user in question didn't have any previous knowledge in the field of collecting and I have found the user often rude and dismissive at times to new and old members alike. On the other hand there are many new TM's I have found very approachable and helpful.

I have always found you -Greg- incredibly helpful. You have answered so many of my questions and always made it clear that you are happy to spread your vast collecting knowledge.

Phoebe :D
Having no knowledge about the subject is a requirement for becoming a TM on fanmail
*~ Skydreamer ~*

Post by *~ Skydreamer ~* »

missmaexox wrote:
*~ SkyDreamer ~* wrote:
EastendersFan wrote:Wow TM for a year :shock:

Hope you become a Mod soon {up}
yeah ... a year !!! Thanks ... I HOPE TOO ! ... :roll: :neutral:
I hope you do, too.
You can ask your team leader for a poll, though.
You don't always have to be asked!
If I were you, I'd just PM your team leader, a TM for a year is a long time. :shock:
Good luck on whether you ask for a poll or not!

-Kelsey
thanks ... i asked for poll some months ago.But no result ! ... Perhaps,I can send one more post ! {thumb2}
missmaexox
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by missmaexox »

nich9494 wrote:The position of a TM doesn't mean anything anymore if just anyone who asks gets promoted.
True. But, at least you have to go through requirements to become a full Mod! {up} Let's hope that doesn't change soon. :roll:

-Kelsey
TMNT3000
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TMNT3000 »

edit
sunkissed08
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sunkissed08 »

I agree with some things. Matt, mharm, became a mod after a short period of time. I would say he was one of the best mods we had ever had. It shouldn't be a time span that qualifies someone, but the knowledge of the hobby.
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

sunkissed08 wrote:I agree with some things. Matt, mharm, became a mod after a short period of time. I would say he was one of the best mods we had ever had. It shouldn't be a time span that qualifies someone, but the knowledge of the hobby.
There are always obvious exceptions - I'm all for that. But there are lots of children who think they know what they're talking about but really don't. I'm still waiting with my second or third term as a TM, and doesn't look like I'll be a MOd in any time soon, and I usually know what I'm talking about. There are people that think that because Will Ferrell responded to fanmail whilst on Broadway, that Susan Serandon must; for example. (Clearly they both have -- but just because they are both A-listers doesn't mean they're the same habbits/etc.)

I just don't like the politics that goes into it for some reason! It should be based off of experience (which unfortunately has to be judged by your sign-up date) and knowledge (which is clear).
Doc Holiday
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Doc Holiday »

TheScarletPimpernel
I totally agree with you. There is way too many trainee moderator and moderators who try and help out and their advice is sub par to say the least. It seems to me that they force answers with limited or no knowledge due to the fact they are trainee moderators or moderators and are in fear of losing their status. case in point the posts regarding "I'll be away a little while please don't demote me". I pm'd admin introducing myself and basically giving him my resume without getting into specifics and would like to help out on the site. Figured I could be at least a Trainee moderator and work my way up. I have the experience and knowledge yet I've seen since that pm others only being on the site a few days was made Trainee Moderator. I'll continue to try and help out, everybody should have to pay their dues but it is discouraging.
Taio
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Taio »

To at least be a Trainee Mod you should have some knowledge about the hobby; whether that's knowledge of the terms used within the hobby, being able to sort genuine autographs from others, knowing both legendary or recent celebrities that sign PP/other or even knowing the best ways to sort out autographs and store them. If you have no knowledge to begin with...why become a TM? :?

They should also be helpful; then in order to move up to the next rank they should improve on what they already know and they should be on more often than required just incase. {thumb2}