Paint Pen Autographs

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
irsauers
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Paint Pen Autographs

Post by irsauers »

Hi everybody, I just received to signed 8x10s from Kim Kardashian. She signed the photos in silver paint pen. The ink rubs off the photos very easily. Is there anything I can do to make the ink stay on the photos? Thanks
Seargent Meerkat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Paint Pen Autographs

Post by Seargent Meerkat »

I would just put it in a frame or something where it cant be smudged.
"I can't jump high, so I jump from high places." - Cactus Jack
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

NEVER EVER put such an autograph into a frame!!!
Unfortunately these silver paint pens are a pain the ass for the autograph collectors. The best you can do is put your autograph in an ACID-FREE plastic sleeve. If you'd have it framed, the autograph would stick to the glass and should you decide to un-frame it, the signature would be destroyed.
irsauers
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by irsauers »

wouldn't the autograph just stick to the plastic sleeve too? I usually put all my photos in plastic sleeves, but I think the signature would just rub right off when I slide it in the sleeve. Would you ever put clear nail polish over it?
cb1892
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cb1892 »

irsauers wrote:wouldn't the autograph just stick to the plastic sleeve too? I usually put all my photos in plastic sleeves, but I think the signature would just rub right off when I slide it in the sleeve. Would you ever put clear nail polish over it?
The nail polish might mix with the ink then smudge your autograph.
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

The best advice I can give is to just re-send a request to her and explain what happened. I'm sure she'll understand. {thumb2}

RYAN J. 8)
karra28

Post by karra28 »

oh i feel for you:( really! i have the same problem..i sended 2 super glossy photos to the band underOATH VV and got them back all signed but with a silvermarker that does not stick :( they are in my plastic sleeves and only smudged a little while putting them in there...and same problem with mine Christian Bale autograph..but i framed it when i got it and i just took it out and it stil smudges if a touch at the marker(but not all ink dissapears)but the ink has NOT smudged on the frame so that is not a problem i think :)
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

That's exactly why I don't send high-gloss photos. {down} The silver sharpies just don't want to stick to the surface. I have much more luck with the Matte type finish. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
karra28

Post by karra28 »

RYAN J. wrote:That's exactly why I don't send high-gloss photos. {down} The silver sharpies just don't want to stick to the surface. I have much more luck with the Matte type finish. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
i have stopped sended high-gloss photos know but yeah it does only stick a little :/
missmaexox
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by missmaexox »

Um, I recommed laminating it. That's all I can say..
Just do it VERY carefully so you don't wrinkle the photo or anything
My website; http://www.freewebs.com/kelseysautographs

Most Wanted; Katy Perry and Lady Gaga
Most Recent Success; Carlson Young
Favorite Successes; Nicole Anderson and Carlson Young