Playbill Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Selise

Re: Playbill Collectors

Post by Selise »

I do believe that 2 playbills will fit in one sleeve, however I'm not sure if that's good or not for them. I've never done it. On the back of each sleeve I put my ticket, or the return envelope if I've mailed to a show. Sometimes I've put a small piece of paper with the names of all the actors and actresses. It's just an idea.
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

thebucch wrote:If i wanted to send out an auto request for fiddler on the roof via tour would they have playbills to send back autographed? and when should i send them?
Unfortunately, most tours DO NOT partake in the practice of playbills via mail. Simple reason: no reason to carry around an extra something that's unnecessary. Also, the playbills/show-bills/programs/ShowCases change from venue to venue...just because it's the First National Broadway Tour does not mean they have playbills! It's very complicated,...but not everyone carries playbills.

Your best bet is to write to an individual actor and mention that you enjoy the cast, or if it is an "Actors' Equity Association"-sponsored cast, then you could try to write to them if you know they are collecting for BC/EFA. You can check on that organization's website to see as well...most shows sell signed playbills.

I've written to tours four times: Whistle Down the Wind (nothing returned), Lauren Molina/Sweeney Todd National Tour (she sent me a cast signed one) & Coleen Sexton/Legally Blonde: The Musical National Tour sent me a paper signed by her....so track record is not too good!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

I have 5 boxes filled with playbills. In no way the best system, but atleast they're not just floating around :)!

The binders are nice, but are extremely expensive. I know plenty of people who have bought 7x10 (or 6x9 ish) binders and, as Selise said, make sure the sleeves are NON-ACID and it works fine and is much cheaper -- as Playbiller said.

And Playbiller:
I honestly think either Hairspray got swamped with fanmail in it's last week or they just disregarded it...I'm not holding my breathe either. If I really want it I could just buy it :).

And just to note: No one on this board/another message board I go on has received anything back from the SM at Equus in a LONG time, unfortunately..I've sent twice and nothing so hopefully you haven't sent again!

Roundabout Theatre Company, more specific Studio 54 almost NEVER replies to Cast-Signed playbills. In fact, I have never seen a cast-signed playbill that wasn't BC/EFA or hand-signed at the stage door from Studio 54, but they do deliver individual fanmail. But do let me know (if you don't post your success) if you hear back from them! I really like Matt Rische...I may write to him alone actually.

And Grey's fan..I sent mine for Shrek around November 28th and received it back by December 9th I believe. As I said, it was from previews. No way was it the full-cast, but a lot of them. I believe I recognized the main 5 or so, and Haven Burton's .. among others. I can check mine later as well.
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
Skye

Post by Skye »

This doesn't really have anything to do with playbills but I do have a couple but anyways... I received some of the page protecters from my father but I don't know whether they are acid-free. I don't want to ask my father to buy a whole new pack from Staples just because I don't know... waste of money and with the economy.... what should I do?
Image Image Image Image Image
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success:
Selise

Post by Selise »

you can use them for a little bit. The worst that happens is that you put some autos in them, and later on (in under a year or so) you get acid free ones.

You can use the others for keeping a handwritten list of who you sent to/received from. That's what I've done with my non-acid free page protectors.
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
bbgood39
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bbgood39 »

I'm sorry, what are playbills?
Current Autographs: Hilary Duff (x4) IP, Hilary Duff (x2) PP, Stan Curtis IP (x2), Aria Wallace IP, Aria Wallace AUTH, Aria Wallace PP, Tim Deegan IP, Olesya Rulin IP (x2), SYTYCD Canada Judges IP, Savannah Outen AUTH (x2), Alexis Bledel SFM, Selena Gomez SFM, Selena Gomez AUTH (x2)Tanya Kim IP (x2), Leah Miller IP, Jasmine Richards IP (x2), Nick Spencer IP, Jacob Kraemer IP, Sally Taylor-Isherwood IP, Alyson Stoner IP (x2), Chelsea Staub AUTH, Katy Perry AUTH, Corbin Bleu AUTH (x2), WOW the Group IP, Alyssa Reid IP, Emily Osment IP (x2), Dakota Fanning AUTH (x2), Austin MacDonald IP, Austin MacDonald AUTH, Nicole Anderson AUTH (x3), Miley Cyrus AUTH, many more...
Favourite Autographs: Hilary Duff, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus (all authentic/IP)
Current Q&As: Nicole Anderson
IP = In Person / AUTH = Authentic / PP = Pre-Print / SFM = Studio Fan Mail
Selise

Post by Selise »

Copied from Page 5: Originally Posted by The Scarlet Pimpernel:
A Playbill is a booklet which is also a magazine which is 6x9 inches-ish in size, which list articles relating to BROADWAY, "OFF-BROADWAY," and some other New York Events. It also lists other Broadway shows, restuarant recomendations made by the actors themselves (2 or 4 per month), advertisments, and of course it's main reason is to credit the people in a given production. It lists everyone from the main cast to the chorus to the orchestra to the creators to the producers to who does the payroll for the show.

Playbills are really a US only thing. They are complimentary when you see a show. In London, they just have "Show Programmes" which cost money and serve the same purpose, but are often larger, sometimes show photos from the show, and are often in colour.
Read through this whole thread - you'll get a ton of information.

Selise
thebucch

Post by thebucch »

How many stamps do you put on a 9by 12 evelope when requesting one or 2 playbills
Received: 30 Dane Cook,Little mermaid,Shrek,Chicago,Avenue Q,Bill cosby,WICKED,Dirk Nowitzki,Robby Gordon,ALL MY SONS,Jeffrey Earnhardt,kyle busch,david pearson,bobby allison, richard petty,greg norman,ernie els,robin williams,jeff daniels,jerry lewis,clint eastwood,dick van dyke,jim davis(garfield),vince papale,angela langsbury,jane fonda,lauren graham,susan sarandon, christian bale,a steady rain playbill,