Who has to send the furtherest to get an auto?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
des liner

Who has to send the furtherest to get an auto?

Post by des liner »

Just wanting to know how far you guys have to send letters to in order to get autos and how much you have to pay postage and irc's to send to that country?

Heres me

Look at your world map and youll find New Zealand near the bootom of the globe next to Australia. We are located in the south pacific. I send most of my requests to the UK which is about 1830 km's away from New Zealand. occasionaly i send to the states. Thats about 14187 km's to New York. I reckon i probably send the furtherest out of all fanmail.biz users eh? For postage it's 2 New Zealand dollars to send to both USA and UK. Thats about 74 pence. In US dollars its 1.33 dollars. Irc's here cost $3 each which is a cent under $2 US and is 1.11 pounds. I'll usually buy 2 irc's per letter if i do send irc's. So you guys state your info know, i'd like to see what lengths you have to go to in order to get autos. Information on distances between places can be found on google and on currency on http://www.travelex.com or other currency sites. csh rates may vary at different times!

Thanks!

Des {thumb2}

New Zealand All Blacks- 2008 Tri-Nations, Bledisloe Cup winners and world number 1 ranked! We pwn everyone in rugby!!!! Go NZ!

Most recent success:Jussi Jaaskelainen

Autographs recieved: 38, includes 11 SFM pp's.
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Who has to send the furtherest to get an auto?

Post by osiris »

lol I think most of us will know where New Zealand is :)
I myself live in England, and most of my letters aren't international, which I guess is pretty much the norm here (people sending within their own country, assuming the majority of people here are British or American or Canadian, but then it'll still be pretty similar with letters to the US). I will be sending a few to Canada and America. I've priced up American stamps cause IRCs are expensive here, about 90p each. It's cheaper to get a book of 20 stamps for about $8.40 (£4.20 ish). Each letter needs about three of these stamps for the SASE. Of course, you need someone in the US willing to buy them and post you them, or order them over the phone. Haven't checked out Canadian postage yet.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
des liner

Post by des liner »

osiris wrote:lol I think most of us will know where New Zealand is :)
I
Actually many Americans (not the majority) who watched this NZ tv show in America thought New Zealand is an American state. They thought the actors were making up an accent! And some of them didnt even think New Zeaand was real! But yeah most people do know about it!

Des

New Zealand All Blacks- 2008 Tri-Nations, Bledisloe Cup winners and world number 1 ranked! We pwn everyone in rugby!!!! Go NZ!

osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

des liner wrote:
osiris wrote:lol I think most of us will know where New Zealand is :)
I
Actually many Americans (not the majority) who watched this NZ tv show in America thought New Zealand is an American state. They thought the actors were making up an accent! And some of them didnt even think New Zeaand was real! But yeah most people do know about it!

Des
Seriously?! Oh my.
I do want to know where Zealand is though. ;)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

LOL! That would be quite amusing if it wasn't also sort of scary that some Americans didn't know that.

Well as I like in the UK, my previous autograph attempts have only ever been to here. But now I have a few letters which I am sending to the US, Australia and New Zealand. As well as a couple of SAE's to America. I have no idea about prices for stamps and IRC's, as I'm not going to be using them. Both are awkward to obtain where I am, so I'm just going to be sending money instead. Bought $18 US dollars for £10 so hopefully that will cover the postage cost on a few items. :)

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
annie985

Post by annie985 »

I'm in the states and I've never heard of someone thinking NZ was a US state. Weird! lol. Well the furthest I've sent to is India (although that was through e-mail). Although I do send alot to the UK. :) It's $.94 to send a general envelope to the UK. I've sent a few to Canada, but that's not very far at all. lol. And it's $1.63 to send a 8X12. :)
Autograph Collector since 2008
Favorite Autos: Raynor Arkenbout, John-Paul Lavoisier, Thore Scholerman, Marnie Schulenburg, Christian Bale, Mary Tyler Moore
addicted
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by addicted »

I live in Hong Kong..I send most of my requests to UK...it just cost $3 hkd (0.2 pounds) to send normal letters around the world..it's cheap when comparing the postage in UK/US.

btw,the furtherest I have sent is RUSSIA...but no reply yet... :oops:
Authentic: 102
Recent Success:Deco,Ballack,Louis Saha and Theo Walcott

Favourite Success: All Arsenal player's and All IP
Most Wanted: Thierry Henry & All Arsenal Players
des liner

Post by des liner »

sorry double post, look at the post below.

des liner

Post by des liner »

[quote="osiris"]lol I think most of us will know where New Zealand is :)quote]

i also found this on wikipedia, it was on rafael nadal's page. it says that he came runner up in a tournament in auckland, australia. auckland is in new zealand not australia! i remember when he came second here. look below and you'll see the mistake its the tournament from january 18 2004. i couldnt edit it because there is no editing on that page :roll: . shocking that someone thought auckland was from australia. however i have seen many times people thinking new zealand was part of australia :roll:. heres a copy of whats on the page;

No. Date Tournament Surface Opponent in Final Score in Final
1. January 18, 2004 Auckland, Australia Hard Dominik Hrbatý 4–6, 6–2, 7–5
2. April 3, 2005 Masters Series Miami, USA Hard Roger Federer 2–6, 6–7(4), 7–6(5), 6–3, 6–1
3. July 9, 2006 Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom Grass Roger Federer 6–0, 7–6(5), 6–7(2), 6–3
4. May 20, 2007 Masters Series Hamburg, Germany Clay Roger Federer 2–6, 6–2, 6–0
5. July 8, 2007 Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom Grass Roger Federer 7–6(7), 4–6, 7–6(3), 2–6, 6–2
6. November 4, 2007 Masters Series Paris, France Hard (i) David Nalbandian 6–4, 6–0
7. January 6, 2008 Chennai, India Hard Mikhail Youzhny 6–0, 6–1
8. April 6, 2008 Masters Series Miami, USA Hard Nikolay Davydenko 6–4, 6–2

des

TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

First off, since when is it closer to send a letter from New Zealand to Great Britain then to New York? (Maybe I'm extremely ignorant?)

And from Hong Kong to Russia is farther than sending it to the UK???

And I'm proud to be from America -- we're not idiots.

The farthest for me in London. Most of mine are sent 80 miles away!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D