What do you write on e-mail?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Leigh-Ann
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What do you write on e-mail?

Post by Leigh-Ann »

Hiya, this might sound stupid but what are you meant to say on an e-mail to request an autograph?? do you just write the same as you would write a letter and then just put your address at the bottom?? lol! i haven't got a clue what i'm meant to do, i would appreciate any help!! thanks!! xxxxxxxx :D
undertaker
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by undertaker »

can't help you there...I never use e-mail. Find it a bit uncomfortable. Plus then you really have NO idea who's going to read it and where it eventually ends up.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: What do you write on e-mail?

Post by TheCollector »

Leigh-Ann wrote:Hiya, this might sound stupid but what are you meant to say on an e-mail to request an autograph?? do you just write the same as you would write a letter and then just put your address at the bottom?? lol! i haven't got a clue what i'm meant to do, i would appreciate any help!! thanks!! xxxxxxxx :D
Hi Leigh-Ann {up}

Like the undertaker I don't generally request autographs by email, but I have done a few times where I couldn't locate a mailing address.

Yes, basically when I have done, I write as I would in a letter just remembering to include my address. On the whole I have found that success via email is not as good as by post, and I think that this is primarily due to the fact that the celeb then has to pay postage etc for sending out to you.

Good luck!

Ian {thumb2}
Leigh-Ann
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Thanks!

Post by Leigh-Ann »

Hiya! Thanks for all your help!! :D :D xxxxxx
sparkling-angel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sparkling-angel »

Hey,

I've written through email a few times, and I usually write it like a letter, including my address, as Ian said.

Generally, I write it as if I'm writing to the celebrity, cause I don't think it hurts to tell whoever is reading it why you are a fan.

Though assistants and ppl do read the emails and reply, I've read alot of official sites which tend to say that the celebrity reads the emails, even if they don't reply. How true this is I don't know.
the music lives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by the music lives »

so how many actually DO reply via email then?
ozzman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ozzman »

Also when writing an email. When you put your address, tell the person you are very willing to send a sase to them. It helps your chances. some celebs will say you dont have to and some will email back and give you the addy to send it to. But its polite to tell them you will send your own envelope.
James

Post by James »

the music lives wrote:so how many actually DO reply via email then?
Quite a few do reply.

I have had about 20 email sucesses {up}
beau99
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by beau99 »

the music lives wrote:so how many actually DO reply via email then?
I've had two successes through email, and one more I have contact with occasionally. I'll have to ask her for her autograph policy again.