George Kell and Al Kaline

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
sporty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

George Kell and Al Kaline

Post by sporty »

I have a ball autographed by George Kell. DO you think if I got Al Kaline to also sign it will it increase in value or decrease? They are both Tigers Hall-Of-Famers. What do you think?
i love this site, it's sweet! check it out:
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: George Kell and Al Kaline

Post by MW1221 »

Alright. There are a few things that I need to know before I can accurately answer that question.

1.) Is it an official major league baseball?
2.) Where on the baseball is Mr. Kell's signature?
3.) Is there any additional writing on this baseball (personalization, inscription, etc.)?
4.) What was the ball signed with?
5.) What condition is the ball in?
6.) What condition is the signature in?

That should do it.
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

i dont think it would decrease it both are legends, just make sure that both signatures are visble so when you put it in a cube you can see both. and make sure neither personalizes it ( a ball can be personalized but only if it has one autograph on it). make sure when it is done being signed to put it in a cube thou, because as a huge baseball fan these 2 men are legends you wanna take care of it.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

miley cyrus fan wrote:i dont think it would decrease it both are legends, just make sure that both signatures are visble so when you put it in a cube you can see both. and make sure neither personalizes it ( a ball can be personalized but only if it has one autograph on it). make sure when it is done being signed to put it in a cube thou, because as a huge baseball fan these 2 men are legends you wanna take care of it.

It several cases it could. The market is better for single signed baseballs than multiple signed baseballs.

The reason I asked what I did is because if the baseball is already in a condition not prized by the average collector, than the value is already so low it wouldn't matter and may rise with the addition of the other signature.
sporty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sporty »

MW1221 wrote:Alright. There are a few things that I need to know before I can accurately answer that question.

1.) Is it an official major league baseball?
2.) Where on the baseball is Mr. Kell's signature?
3.) Is there any additional writing on this baseball (personalization, inscription, etc.)?
4.) What was the ball signed with?
5.) What condition is the ball in?
6.) What condition is the signature in?

That should do it.
Sorry for the late reply.

1. Yes, an official MLB baseball
2. I'm not sure
3. No other inscriptions, just his signature.
4. A black pen, I think, or maybe blue pen. It could have been a fine-tip marker.
5. Not the best condition. I got it from a cousin so its not perfect. I'd say it's poor to fair condition.
6. Signature is good.
i love this site, it's sweet! check it out:
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

Then I'd say go for it.

I'm not the biggest expert, but I will say that from what I do know, you're pretty low value-wise right now, so from what I do know I don't really think you can go much lower.
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

If the Ball is in fair to poor condition and Kell's signature is good, you may as well give it to the dog to play with. Adding Kaline will not increase it's value. Considering that Kell has always been a gracious signer IP & TTM there is probably ten's of thousands of signed Baseballs out there. Your best bet would be to get a new baseball and send to Kell and then hope to either get Kaline at a show or send to him with probably a signing fee. I would not waste my time with a ball who's condition is basically worthless.