Sending a 4x6

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
girlbehindthereddoor
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sending a 4x6

Post by girlbehindthereddoor »

Ok so I just started TTM and I wanted all my photo's to be 8x10, glossy, and perfect. Well I'm a full time student and I quickly learned that 4x6's are cheaper to print, cheaper to send and they look just as good. So I have a question. Do most of you print your 4x6 on your own computer or do you send it to a photo place?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage]Image
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sending a 4x6

Post by BossC »

I can get them real cheap at a photo place so I do it that way. I do have the paper for it, but my printer is not as good as the store can get it.

BossC
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

I take all my photos to the wal-mart 1-hour picture lab (not the instant machine). Costs only like .19 per photo. plus if you get over 20 then it's only like .15 per photo. :D

RYAN J. 8)
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

I get mines printed in the Kodak of Fiji centers. 5x3 photos only costs 0.09 usd (0.7HKD) in Hong Kong.
Jason

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
Miley Cyrus #1 Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Miley Cyrus #1 Fan »

I don't send anything but 4x6s.
I print mine on my printer. :)
Recent Successes:Miley Cyrus, Meaghan Jette Martin, Nathan Kress, George Duran, Everlife(In Person), Raven-Symone(In Person), Paula Deen, Judge Judy, Don LaFontaine
Currently Waiting On:Miranda Cosgrove, Jennette McCurdy, My Chemical Romance(Via Venue), Mitchel Musso,
Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers(Via Venue), Carrie Underwood(Via Venue), Demi Lovato(Via Venue x2), Hilary Duff(Via Venue), Jason Earles, Miley Cyrus(Via Venue)
Most Wanted: Miley Cyrus, Miranda Cosgrove, Jennette McCurdy, Demi Lovato

Check out my autographs at http://www.freewebs.com/iamasinine :)

R.I.P. Don LaFontaine
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

I sometimes send 4x6s. I prefer the 8x10s or even 5x7s moreso, but a 4x6 is still good. And whenever I get them, I usually send them to CVS over the computer uploader, pay in store, and get them within a day. For the record, if you order online sometimes the 8x10s are cheaper!
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
girlbehindthereddoor
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by girlbehindthereddoor »

I tried doing a few through walgreens 1 hour photo and they did the "these are copywrited" thing
ImageImageImageImageImageImage]Image
seamus
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by seamus »

I print them on my printer....4x6 (A6) or A5...sometimes 8x10 (A4)...but not often...
niner5000
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by niner5000 »

I use my own printer for both 4x6 and 8x10, I use different a different size depending on how likely i am to get it back and how good the resolution on the photo is.

For the 8x10 i buy, not the super glossy paper, but the more matte kind (they're cheaper and still look really nice.)
For the 4x6 my dad has hundreds of packets of the hp photo paper that size, that he got as a joke present from his his work so i just steal those ;-)
Love, Nina
Thanks to converse22queen for the amazing siggy and avatar!
Thanks to cR7 for the great Saved! siggy!
http://www.freewebs.com/niner5000autographs/index.htm
Autographs Recieved: O so far!
Waiting For: Jena Malone, Taylor Kitsch, Lauren Graham, Jana Bieger, Abigail Breslin, Amanda Kimmel, Scout Taylor-Compton, Amber Tamblyn, Samantha Pezsek, Heather Matarazzo, Eva Amurri, Bridget Sloan, Mary Steenburgen, Ivana Hong, Shayla Worley, J.K. Simmons, Wayne Wilcox, Sean Gunn, Stephen Collins, Michael Rady, Leonardo Nam, Savannah Outen
JJK91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JJK91 »

I don't send my own photos that often but when I do I print them myself at home. But my printer doesn't print colour very well so I print black and white photos. They still look pretty good though.

That's for all sizes too. I did quite a lot of 4x6's at home when I first started collecting