Touring Company Via Venue

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Touring Company Via Venue

Post by Joey »

Hi everyone,

I have a question for theater fans (although any help is appreciated! I'm just assuming people interested in theater celebrities may be more experienced).

Scenario: A production (RENT or Les Miz, for example) is on tour around the U.S. or the UK or anywhere else. It is going to be in your city/town, and you know which theater it will be at.

Question: Although it will not be there permanently/for an extended time, can you still send letters to the cast members via the theater it's at?

Any help is appreciated! {up}
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Touring Company Via Venue

Post by TheCollector »

RentRocks314 wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a question for theater fans (although any help is appreciated! I'm just assuming people interested in theater celebrities may be more experienced).

Scenario: A production (RENT or Les Miz, for example) is on tour around the U.S. or the UK or anywhere else. It is going to be in your city/town, and you know which theater it will be at.

Question: Although it will not be there permanently/for an extended time, can you still send letters to the cast members via the theater it's at?

Any help is appreciated! {up}
Hi RentRocks314 {up}

Good question!

It is definately worth doing. I have had a couple of successes like that!

My best bit of advice is that if the show is only on for a day (or a few days) you need to make sure you send your letter/request to arrive a couple of days before the show begins.

Most theatres will pass on fan mail to artists performing there, just bear in mind that others will probably have the same idea. But by getting your letter in a couple of days early you might catch them during rehearsals when they have a bit more time.

On the other hand, don't send your letter too early or you might just get a Return To Sender!!

Good luck {up}

Ian
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

Ok, thanks Ian! I will definitely try it {up}

Also, the shows w/ cast members I want to write to will be here for several weeks, so hopefully that will be enough time!
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

RentRocks314 wrote:Ok, thanks Ian! I will definitely try it {up}

Also, the shows w/ cast members I want to write to will be here for several weeks, so hopefully that will be enough time!
Hi RentRocks314 {up}

Great :mrgreen: Good luck!

I forgot to mention before. If you are sending to a venue (known as via venue) you are safest to send your own pictures for the celeb to sign as they will be away from home/their agent and so might not have any photos with them.

You can send magazine pics, or download and print pics from the internet (try http://www.altavista.com - click on images and choose LARGE as the size). You can obviously buy photos to send as well!!!!!

If you don't send your own photo, you will probably get a signed flyer or catalogue for the show.

Hope this helps!

Ian {thumb2}

Post by Guest »

Hi Ian (it's RentRocks314, can't login right now),

When you say that I can "buy pictures" what exactly do you mean, and from where do you mean?

Thanks!
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Anonymous wrote:Hi Ian (it's RentRocks314, can't login right now),

When you say that I can "buy pictures" what exactly do you mean, and from where do you mean?

Thanks!
Hi RentRocks314 {up}

You can buy celeb photos online from places like: http://www.allposters.com or http://www.amazon.com

Cheers
Ian {thumb2}
barmy_army008

Post by barmy_army008 »

I agree with TheCollector - this is a good way to get a success.

It should work, because its the same as a concert where the artist is only there for a day.

If the theatre has a website, it might be worthwhile emailing them just to check that they pass on fanmail. They might give you a specific office or something within the theatre, and that may help avoid the letter getting lost or anything.
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

Thanks guys!