which celebs send out stuff for u to auction if u are fundra

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
brighton_4eva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

which celebs send out stuff for u to auction if u are fundra

Post by brighton_4eva »

Hi,
I am hoping to raise a lot of money for a charity, by asking celebs to send signed memrobillia( can't spell!!)
which celebs send out stuff 2 be auctioned?
cheers {thumb2}
Sam :razz:

Favourite Success - Matt Lucas Dedicated, Brian May & Anita Dobson Dedicated, Mohammed Al Fayad & Richard Branson Authentic.

Fanmail.Biz Newest Moderator Here To Help!!! If You Need Any Help - PM Me.
Pencebaseball9
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: which celebs send out stuff for u to auction if u are fundra

Post by Pencebaseball9 »

I moved this to collecting help. Welcome to the boards, but please try to utilize the correct forum. 8) If you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Kara
Thanks to Hangman and Seb88 for the signature and avatar

http://www.freewebs.com/karasautos
horserescue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by horserescue »

I think most celebs will send something (photo, baseball, football, clothes, etc). Just depends on your letter (correct spelling, informative, some kind of proof that it is being raised for what you are saying, etc). Celebs are getting bombarded with letters and requests all the time and there are some saying they are collecting for charity when in actuallity they are not, which makes the celebs question some of the requests they receive.

In our letter for our charity auction I include my EIN which can be looked up on the IRS website to show authenticity.

So you just have to decide who you want to write to and go from there. I have sent out well over 1500 letters to date, and now I am starting to resend a lot because we had to reschedule our auction (lack of items - my fault, I did not give a long enough turn around time). This is our first time doing a celebrity auction so I am learning a lot and I will tell you, Fanmail has been a tremendous help. Everyone here is so friendly and informative - they are all very helpful.

Good luck and I wish you much success.
Sherry
grahams222
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by grahams222 »

I have mailed out about 400 letters not counting emails. I sent out 2 letters. 1 states what the organization is & does & the other letter saying what I am asking for & why?

Check out my posts & you can see who I have rec'd from. Trust me not even close to the 300 children we will be giving out school supplies to.

All items that I recieve will GO DIRECTLY to a child as a DOOR PRIZE. The main guy at the office WILL NOT let me AUCTION the items off, he wants them given out.