When to say when?? Multi-signed items....

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
wharfrat57
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

When to say when?? Multi-signed items....

Post by wharfrat57 »

Ok I know a lot of people like to get cast signed items, or multi-signed items. But when is it time to say when. I have a dvd cover from the movie "Tombstone" that has now been signed by three (Dana Delaney, Powers Boothe, and Harry Carey Jr.) I would love to add more signatures to this item like Sam Elliott, Val Kilmer etc. But I'm nervous about sending this out now! What if is gets "lost" (stolen)?? I could kick myself but it would be so cool to get more signatures on this.
Same as the "Mash" photo signed by Harry Morgan and Mike Farrell. I want more! But I fear it getting "lost" (stolen) as well. How would/do you deal with items like this? What's the safest way to keep doing something like this? Or should I?
Any advice would be helpful! Thanks so much!

Thumper

Re: When to say when?? Multi-signed items....

Post by Thumper »

Send it recorded delivery there or back
It's where the letter has to be signed for, and you can keep track of it when it's going there/back

Any questions, feel free to PM me

Thumper :mrgreen:

By The Way : Moved topic to "Collecting Help"
scouser#1

Post by scouser#1 »

It is up to you whether you send it out or not.
It's alway's a risk when you send a photo/DVD cover etc..to be signed if it's ben signed by someone else first, like as you say it may get lost or stolen or there's also a possiblity that the celeb may not sign.
it's up to you {thumb2}
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

A safer way of getting a cast signed piece - in future - is to find a cast photo and send IC's to every cast member on the photo. Then all you need to do is frame the IC's along with the cast photo and you have a really nice display {thumb2} I know a lot of people who do this and their displays look fantastic!

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!
proud2bevilla
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by proud2bevilla »

Personally I wouldn't risk sending this off again, a safer way would be to see if you can meet the people in person.

Olof Mellberg 2001-2008 Villa Legend
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Markd »

I know how you feel. I have a photo of the Canadian Parliament Buildings that I am wanting to get signed by all the living Canadian Prime Ministers. I have it signed by 2 so far and I am planning to send it out to a the rest within the next year. I am going to send it by Xpresspost so it should be safer or I might get it insured.

Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca
James

Post by James »

I have a few multi signed items, but get them all IP, record currently is 12 on one piece..