If You Were A Celebrity!

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Snow_Colorado
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Snow_Colorado »

If I were a celebrity I would have someone get all of my mail and set a date once a month to come and sign and read everything. Or twice a month whatever I could and just sit down one day and do it all..
Snow_Colorado
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Snow_Colorado »

Heather B,
I am sorry I dont know who you are but you have been getting autograph requests......I may have to write to you also..
merseaboy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by merseaboy »

If it was me and I was in pictures I'd try to put a bit of time aside each day I was working to sign pictures to be sent out. I don't think you'd ever be able to personalise everything but if you sent out a note saying this I'm sure people would understand. Then when you were'nt working you could spend a bit more time looking at the mail you get and maybe answer stuff yourself.

Merseaboy
heatherb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by heatherb »

Snow_Colorado wrote:Heather B,
I am sorry I dont know who you are but you have been getting autograph requests......I may have to write to you also..
Author of "The Paradise Chronicles" and the "Fable Farm" series.
http://heatherbeck.tripod.com/
Sauron
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sauron »

id personalise all of them even if i was a huge success id rather make ppl wait for ages and let them get a real sig than send a pp
success' so far -
done_with_like
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by done_with_like »

I would personalize the photo, and if they wrote a letter with questions (& if I had the time and wasn't busy) I would type a letter since my hand writing is horrible but then sign again at the bottom of the letter, and maybe add another message to it in handwriting.
I would not require a sase either.
Crouching Tiger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Crouching Tiger »

Wow!

I wish you were all celebrities as I would definately write to you all {up}

Now to delve a little bit deeper into this question. As I expect that you would read all your fanmail, how would the content of the letter affect your response?

What would your response be too a 'form letter' that is obviously sent out to a lot of celebrities (just changing the name) in comparison to one which truly shows that they admire your work. Would you then still send such nice responses or would you choose not to respond?
vallath
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

fanmail

Post by vallath »

i would try to find humor in some of my letters. like if i was a hearthrob, i would skim thru all the 'i wanna marry you,' 'your so hot' and all that. they basically read the same thing over and over. like, 'i love your movies, you rock, i wanna be just like you', and such. for the really creative ones, i'd write a nice letter back. when i'm writing fanmail, i try to write as if i'm talking to them. that makes it all the more interesting. i wouldn't write a note to a chain letter but i would put something like a star or a love heart.
vallath
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

f2

Post by vallath »

i would love to be famous, but not so famous that everywhere i go i get stalked and mobbed for autographs. famous enough to get a lot of fanmail.
quasarboy21
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by quasarboy21 »

I certainly wouldn't send out PP, and I would like to think that I'd personalize everything I sent out.

However, if you just send me a form letter and can't be bothered to put a bit of effort into it, then I'd send you a non-personalised stamped autograph!!!