Cardboard

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Cardboard

Post by fan0258 »

Hey all,

I wanted to know, if I send a photo, do I need to put a cardboard in the envelope? and in what envelope to put it in? if I put a cardboard I don't want it to be heavy....

Thanks alot
Francesca
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Francesca »

I added a cardboard when I started collecting but then I saw that my mailman used to bend the envelope anyway... It's really up to you!
Anyway, I put it in my envelope, the celebrity would put it in your SASE then.
LauraFL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LauraFL »

I use a thick card stock manilla folder cut to fit the envelope (9x12). This way they just put the picture or w/e inside the folder then slip it into the envelope.

Laura
It's amazing to know how much you have to know before you know how little you know.
YOURS_SINCERELY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by YOURS_SINCERELY »

I use cardboard, although it does tend to weigh a bit, it does give the photo some kind of stability... I do have a rather heavy handed postman, but thankfully I have not received a photograph back bent!
I put the cardboard in with my envelope and just leave the SAE and IRC's on top of the cardboard... celebrities aren't stupid (well most of them arent) so they will know to put the cardboard in with the return envelope!

Hope this helps. :)

YOURS_SINCERELY
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.
kat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kat »

I always include a piece of cardboard in my SASE...it does not have to be thick....just enough to give the postman a bit of resistance. I think this is a good way to ensure your photo does not get bent. But remember to write on the SASE Photo please do not bend.
browneyedgirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by browneyedgirl »

I always put cardboard in mine, since our postman can't be trusted not to bend pictures no matter what you write on the envelope.

That said, when I got my Val Kilmer autograph the photo had got stuck to the card - luckily it didn't ruin the signature :)
James

Post by James »

Hi Fan0258,

I always put a bit of cardboard in my SASE.
fan0258
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fan0258 »

Hey you all,

Thank you very much for your replys, you all really helping me.
I just need to be sure in one thing, I put inthe celebrity's envelope my photo, 2-3 IRC's, the letter and a 9x12 fold return envelope with my home address on it? on whice envelope I write DO NOT BEND? can I write my home address on the return envelop in another language and english?
YOURS_SINCERELY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by YOURS_SINCERELY »

Yes you are correct... You put in your envelope the photo, 2-3IRC's, the letter and a 9x12 fold return envelope with your return address..
If you are sending a photo then you should write "PLEASE DO NOT BEND" on BOTH envelopes (if not sending an item then only necessary to write it on your return envelope).
As for writing your address in another language... there really is no need (if you are living in an English speaking country), just write your address out as normal.

As for "PLEASE DO NOT BEND", I am becoming increasingly annoyed with the postmen who are either dyslexic or just plain ignorant! Writing this on an envelope doesnt necessarily mean that the postman won't bend it -although you would hope that they follow your wishes.

All the very best... Hope you dont have a heavy handed postman like mine!

YOURS_SINCERELY
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.
AutographAddict
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographAddict »

Hi everyone,

I haven't been putting cardboard in my envelopes, but I have been writing PLEASE DO NOT BEND on the front of them. This doesn't seem to help though, as the envelopes are still coming back folded and creased.

USE CARDBOARD!!!!!!!!!
AutographAddict :P