How do you store your autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How do you keep your autographs?

Post by EastendersFan »

i have them on my bedroom wall :D
THX-4077

Post by THX-4077 »

I always make photocopies (on glossy photo paper) and frame the copied autographs.

That way, the originals can stay in a binder and I don't have to worry about the frames damaging autographs.
Atomic ant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Atomic ant »

It not too wise, to keep them in the envolopes. Yes a few weeks, even months maybe ok, but the sooner, you get them, into them acid free plastic sleeves, the better.

They really need the acid free type, true they may look ok in non acid free sleeves, but as the years go by, you could be leaving your autographs in danger.

Just think, you have recieved an autograph, then the celeb dies, if you have not protected it right, then after a time, it yellows, and the autograph fades, sorry it too late.

Siggy and Avatar by Hangman.
lithium
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Where do you store your autographs

Post by lithium »

IamLOST922 wrote:I do what seems like the majority of us do and put my autographs in binders with the plastic sheet protectors. When I get my own place (which I hope will be within a year) I want to make copies of some of my favorites to frame. I'm too nervous to frame the actual pictures though. I've heard horror stories from people who frame autographs.
what kind of horror stories?
housefan585
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by housefan585 »

i bought a bunch of matching picture frames and hang them on a wall in my house after i get them.
blue102983
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by blue102983 »

i keep mine in plastic sheet protectors and in a binder. i'm gonna have to get a bigger binder though cause my collection is growing.
recent
1.drew carey 2.jennifer garner 3.the rock 4.vanna white 5.lee lee sobieski
autocollector23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autocollector23 »

I put mine in clear plastic sleeves and in a binder as well. I have one binder that is only my pp's/autopens and the other binder is the one I put my autographs that are believed to be authentic. I am also starting to create other binders for tv show or movies I like. For example, my Dawson's Creek cast autographs is growing so I am making a new binder for the cast of that show (as it's one of my favorites). :) I also put tabs in my main binder to sperate between vv successes, in person successes and regular ttm. On the back of each success I put all the information about the autograph, like the address I used, wait time, and whether or not they were filming at the time of the request or at the time I received the autograph. This makes it a bit easier to determine if its a real signature or a secreterial. I type this information out and place it on the back of the plastic sleeve behing the autograph. :)
My collection on Facebook! Add me!! http://www.facebook.com/manda.pandaautos

Favorite Autos: Michael C. Hall!!! <3 <3 <3

Walking Dead Autos: 17 (so far)! :)
john816
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by john816 »

I have a JUON movie poster on excellent stock and it's signed by director Takashi Shimizu and actress Takako Fuji (the ghost). The autographs are in silver Sharpee.

I'm DYING to get this framed. But I'm worried about the signatures sticking to the glass. Can anyone educate me about this? Do I need to worry about it sticking? Is there a good and bad way to do it?

The poster is HUGE so a professional will do the job, I just want to know what to tell them to do (or not to do).

Thanks!
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

What I've got:
I got a draw thing from WH Smith for £5, and I keep all my autographs in one of the draws, some are in envelopes to keep them together, like band autographs, and in the other draws I keep letters, stamps and envelopes :)
stawes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stawes »

I have them in a album in which i think it is acid free.
I planning on replacing it through.