Have You Ever Felt That Your Mailman Is Stealing Your Mail?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
ItsPerfection

Have You Ever Felt That Your Mailman Is Stealing Your Mail?

Post by ItsPerfection »

OMG, have you ever felt that your mailman :lol: is stealing your mail, such as autographs. I know it's stupid, and this post should be deleted, but seriously, I do feel that way. LOL. I sent so many autograph requests through the months, and I really haven't been getting responses that I hoped for. For example, Kate Bosworth. I see so many collectors getting responses from her all the time. I'm wondering if it's because of something I wrote. Hmm. Well, I guess I have to wait and see. :mrgreen:

Thanks for reading this oddly funny post ... {thumb2}
RuleroftheWorld

Re: Have You Ever Felt That Your Mailman is stealing you mail LO

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Its not stupid, mailmen do steal post, its been happening for years and will continue for many more.

There was a thread about it just before Christmas - http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 26&t=80001

Birthday cards are an obvious one that get stolen, but Ive heard stories of people stealing from the sorting offices too. One specific scenario I read was someone who was convinced their autographs were being stolen, so sent themselves a blank index card in an SAE, and it never reached them. They complained to the post office, and soon after their mail arrived with a big hole through it, as though someone had shoved a pen through it :neutral: (I dont remember word for word the story, but thats the basics).

Its probably a very small percentage that actually do steal mail though, and even smaller those who do it for autographs, as I'd assume most do it for money (like in the aforementioned birthday cards).
ItsPerfection

Post by ItsPerfection »

I never thought about birthday cards..WOW, some people are real low. {down} Thanks for telling me about the other post. {up}
Smuck
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Smuck »

You know, my mailman..I don't trust at all. I actually think they're taking my mail. I noticed that everyone got a success from Nikki Blonsky except for me. I was hoping for that and hoping for that, and I sent it out a long time ago, and I do believe it was taken.

Oh well. I'll write again and see..
Peyton

Post by Peyton »

I recently got back an RTS with Madison Pettis, using the Cory in the House address. But the envelope on its left side was torn open. You see, I sent a really nice letter, an index card, and a christmas card attached with a nice bracelet. I got it all back but the bracelet. Someone stole the bracelet out of it and oddly I got an RTS witch a working address. :? :shock:
indigo15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by indigo15 »

:( I've felt the same way, too.

My mailman is kind of erratic...it's like he only delivers mail when he feels like it. Sometimes, I'll go two or three days without any mail, and then a HUGE amount on the fourth or fifth day.

Because I have so many SASEs coming to me from my local post office, sometimes I think he may have figured out what's inside of them. Whenever I have a long dry spell (and I've had several), I do wonder if someone is stealing them (when you have close to 40 or 50 pendings and you haven't received anything in months, that'll happen). Of course, it did not ease my concerns when a family friend (who works at a post office) told me that he has seen his co-workers steal mail before.

-indigo15
TTM SUCCESS: Kris Allen, David Archuleta, Aaron Ashmore, Shawn Ashmore, Mike Barz, Lance Bass (x2), Coby Bell (x2), Kameron Bink, Eric Carroll, Austin Carty, Eddie Cibrian, Misha Collins, Nicholas D'Agosto (x2), Tim Daly, Chris Daughtry, Melinda Doolittle (x2), Michael Emerson (x2), Chris Evans, Joey Fatone, Drew Fuller, Matt Giraud, Danny Gokey (x2), Greg Grunberg, Bret Harrison (x2), Melissa Joan Hart, Chelsie Hightower, Sam Huntington, Yvonne Jung, Bruce Kanegai (x3), Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim, Kristin Kreuk, Ken Leung, Patrick Levis, Blake Lewis, Jason Lezak, Gev Manoukian, Curt Mega, Jonathan Murphy, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere, Scarlett Pomers, Chris Richardson, Mark Salling, Ryne Sanborn, Drew Seeley, Sabrina Sloan, Jordin Sparks, Christy Smith (x2), Phil Stacey, Channing Tatum, Tia Texada, TJ Thyne, Mark Wahlberg, Brooke White (x2), Jason Wiles, Kris Williams

Latest IP: Emilio Dosal [10-18-2014 at SYTYCD Tour]
Carmelo15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Carmelo15 »

My mailman only sends autographs to me on Tuesday and Friday, and I doubt he would steal my mail because almost everyone I send to are Disney Channel Stars and my mailman is like 50? :lol:

Credit to yummyicecream26!
hitnrun017
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hitnrun017 »

:shock: Reading this thread is definately freaking me out...
Sent Out:
Stephanie Romanov (x2), Mercedes McNab, Amber Benson, Julie Benz, Kristine Sutherland, Alexa Davalos, Nathan Fillion, Sean Maher, J. August Richards, Amy Acker, Emma Caulfield, Vanessa Ferlito, Clare Kramer & Denise Richards

9th Success: Joss Whedon
hoop daddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hoop daddy »

thats bull****
if i saw my mail lady stealing my mail
id crack her jaw
thats my autograph and it belongs to me

anyways how would they stop this kind of thing???
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shambler »

EDIT
Last edited by Shambler on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.