IMDb

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
nomoredramamama75
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

IMDb

Post by nomoredramamama75 »

IMDb= The Internet Movie Database

I like to refresh my memory of what films the actor/ actresses has been in before writing. I also like to research the celeb a little bit before I write the fan mail/ autograph request so I can thank them for their charity work or whatever.

How reliable do you find the IMDb? Is there another site that you could recommend over it?

Sometimes I just try finding the star's Official website, but even that can be misleading since some are just fan sites trying to masquerade as Official.

Any constructive feedback would be apprieciated.
"I hate and I love. Why, you ask? I do not know, I only know I suffer torment."
~~~Catullus, poem 85.

"Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed."

~~~Emily Dickinson
dgangel

Re: IMDb

Post by dgangel »

I find IMDB to be pretty reliable, sometimes they don't have the television and move listings up to date. And sometimes a movie will say "preproduction", when its in it's completing stages. I'd say that imdb is one of the best sites out there though. Just don't read too much into the message boards, they'll drive you crazy.
JJK91
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JJK91 »

I've always found it to be pretty reliable but ocassionally I've seen where they've got the characters names mixed up or wrong. Like... I was looking at a TV series a few days ago and the names of the two main characters were next to the wrong actors, I've seen that done a couple of times but normally things are correct.
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

Yeah, the info for the season 7 episodes of Degrassi is pretty messed up, but that information is submitted by the users.