Question on sending SASE

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
The_Champion
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question on sending SASE

Post by The_Champion »

ellefanning103 wrote:
The_Champion wrote:
ellefanning103 wrote: So that goes to show you that celebrities do reply with out a SASE. But, I mostly write to child stars, so thats probably why I don't have to send a SASE.

Why does sending to child stars mean you don't have to send a SASE?? That makes no sense to me. No matter what their age is, or whether or not they respond, it's sort of rude to make them foot the bill for something that you want.
I meant that most of them aren't aware of what a SASE is - say I wroted to a 6 year old, do you really think they'd know what a SASE is? No, they woudln't. I didn't say I DON'T send SASE's to them, I said they reply with out a SASE.
Even if they don't know what a SASE is, I bet they would use one if you send it to them. And do you honestly think that a six year old, or any child star for that matter, is in charge of their mail? They would just sign pics. I still think it's rude to expect the celebrity to pay for your picture and postage. Honestly a letter, even abroad, costs maybe $8 at the most. Is that too much? I think it's well worth it
ellefanning103
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ellefanning103 »

Umm ... no. When I send a basic letter at the UPS store it is only $2.00

Latest Success: Dakota & Elle Fanning
Latest Request: Jennie Garth
Personalized Autographs: 56
Letters: 11
Pre-Prints: 6
Un-personalized: 14
The_Champion
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by The_Champion »

ellefanning103 wrote:Umm ... no. When I send a basic letter at the UPS store it is only $2.00
I said the MOST you will ever spend is $8. I didn't say it was anywhere near average. Sending a 10x13 envelope with 2 8x10 photos, cardboard, SAE, LOR and IRCs costs $4.50. Toss in the price of the IRCs, and you're actually over $8
Sun Devil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sun Devil »

rennie64 wrote:This is what I am talking about.

I received 5 autographs today and nobody used my SASE.

Except the Jerry Springer WAS an e-mail request.

hey-
I noticed the Fox News envelope, who did you get?