A couple of questions **please help**

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Sarien
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

A couple of questions **please help**

Post by Sarien »

I'm going to write a letter to Billy Boyd. (Pippin in Lord of the Rings) And I'm not sure what to say to him. What do you guys usually tell a celeb?

And another question, how do you ask for an autograph? It sounds silly, but what do I say? "Oh by the way can I have your autograph?" Is it that simple?

Lastly, has anyone ever written to a celeb outside their own country and got a reply? Without using an IRC?

Thankies for your help! :D
James

Re: A couple of questions **please help**

Post by James »

Hi,

{up} Just tell him you are a fan and mention the work of his that you like.

{up} I usually say, 'I was wondering if you could send me your autograph, as I think that you are an excellent...

{up} Sorry I cant help here, I've never sent abroad.

Hope that helps,
James {thumb2}
army*gurl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by army*gurl »

well, I live in the US, and when i first got started, about 3 years ago, i didn't know about IRC's or about sending a SASE. i was just a fan wanting an auto...i wrote to Rupert Grint and asked him for his autograph. I sent just my letter and an index card, and to my surprise, I got a response from him. it took about a year to get it. but it was worth the wait. he sent me two personalized autographs, and signed the index card that i included in my letter.

but...now that we all know (we as in mostly everyone here) about IRC's and SASE's...i really think it is much more polite to send a SASE with either IRC's OR with the correct amount of postage. ;-)
"When in doubt, faint." Keira Knightley
TheDonger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheDonger »

Just remember to, of course, be polite and respectful to who you are writing to. Tell them what you like about them and what roles they have done that you like.

I usually state what I have enclosed to be signed (if anything) and I would be honored if you could sign it for me. Make sure to thank them for reading your letter.

IRC's - I have a lot of trouble finding them so I don't use them. I usually send a dollar or two (concealed cash) for return postage and that tends to work for me. You could also try to purchase stamps from the country you are sending your request to. Some, I believe, you can purchase online or you can try trading with other members - stamps for stamps.

Good luck {thumb2} , hope that helps.
Most recent success:Milla Jovovich
Collection Count:
Star Wars: 18
KOTOR 1&2: 5
NFL: 50
LOST: 5
All: 113
Trottersfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Trottersfan »

At the end of the letter I usually write:

' I would really appreciate it if you could send me a signed photograph of yourself. I have provided a stamped-addressed-envelope (or I.R.C) for use to use if you wish. Many Thanks, (Then I sign It).'

Hope that helped {thumb2}
Need any help? Contact me: trottersfan@fanmail.biz

http://www.trottersfansautographs.fotopic.net - UPDATED!!!

Favourite Success - Wayne Rooney Signed England Shirt
superdave
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by superdave »

trottersfan wrote:At the end of the letter I usually write:

' I would really appreciate it if you could send me a signed photograph of yourself. I have provided a stamped-addressed-envelope (or I.R.C) for use to use if you wish. Many Thanks, (Then I sign It).'

Hope that helped {thumb2}

I use almost exactly that, only I don't put Many Thanks, instead I put thank you for your time and good luck for the future or something along those lines.
Sarien
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sarien »

Okay, thanks so much everyone! :mrgreen: