Question about PPs

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Laura xx
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about PPs

Post by Laura xx »

When you get sent a PP do the celebs still actually get your letter? or do their managment or whatever just look for autograph requests and send the PP and then thats it?
AutographOBSESSED
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographOBSESSED »

most likely the celebirty doesnt read it but once in a great while if you dont send a photo they read it but still send a preprint.
Authentic: 27
PP: 3

Total Autograph Count= 30
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Do they see it?

Post by TheCollector »

Hi AutographOBSESSED & Laura {up}

Unfortunately in reality, even when you do get an authentic autograph, this doesn't always mean the celeb has actually seen your letter.

Your best bet if you really want the celeb to look at your letter is to send it with your own photo and ask them to personalise it to you. That way you will know your letter has been read, and you are not just being sent a signed photo that the celeb has "bulk signed" and left with their agent.

However, the rate of success with supplying your own photo for personalisation is much lower than if you are just happy to accept a stock signed one!

I know as a signer myself that some weeks you can be inundated with autograph requests, and quite rightly your agent sifts through these for you and just asks you to sign x-amount of photographs. You would not have time to do your job otherwise!

Other weeks when it is quieter, you can actually get the chance to read some of the letters. It is just all a matter or luck, but if there is a best time to get your fanmail read, I would say to try to not send it at a predictably busy time like just after the launch of a new show/movie/series, or around the summer holidays, or Christmas!

I hope this helps!
Ian {up}