Bill & Hillary Clinton Failure

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bill & Hillary Clinton Failure

Post by Logan-Autograph-Guy »

Hello everyone. Just wanted to post about my trip to see the Clintons yesterday. It wasn't all good.

After driving 1 hour, 40 minutes to Manchester, New Hampshire, I arrived, driving past the field where it was taking place. I took my chair, umbrella, cooler, and a folder with 2 photos, one of each of the Clintons, and our ticket.

When I got there, it had not started yet but we we're close to the back. So I ate my sandwich, and started moving my way up to the front to get a better view of them. It began, and I was almost towards the front.

I watched the speakers, one by one. First the First Lady of New Hampshire. Then the Governor of New Hampshire, who each spoke for 5 minutes. Then everyone screamed when Bill Clinton came out. He spoke for about 15 minutes, then Hillary Clinton came out and she spoke for about 50 minutes. I really did like what she had to say. Then she thanked everyone and everyone began to walk forward.

The Clintons both got off the podieum and started signing autographs. I made my way to the front, took out the photos I had printed and gave them to the Clintons to sign. The guard quickly took them from the Clintons and said "You cannot sign this, he is a seller". I attempted three times but the guard wouldn't let me. I believe he was a secret service agent.

So I got no autographs but did shake their hands, and talked to them. It was quite embarrising and I am gonna call the Clinton office soon to share my feedback.
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Last Autograph Received: Richard Russo (auction)
Last In-Person Autograph: Diane Sawyer
My Favorite Autograph: Amanda Bynes
Rockmadman2007
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Bill & Hillary Clinton Failure

Post by Rockmadman2007 »

Thats too bad. I would have been sorta upset :( . Stupid guard, that happened to me one time before. Oh, well. :neutral:
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

That's the secret service for you. Think about it though. Everyone is standing there holding tickets and small bits of paper, and you show up with 2 pictures of really good quality.They're going to think something's up.

When you call the Clinton office ask for two authentic autographs to make up for your loss, and remind them that every autograph is a pontential vote for Hilary. It might work.
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Good advice. Will do.

I was quite upset, as they spoke great and she had almost confirmed her spot as my favorite Democrat, but well her darn secret service guy screwed that up :lol:
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

Logan-Autograph-Guy wrote:The Clintons both got off the podieum and started signing autographs. I made my way to the front, took out the photos I had printed and gave them to the Clintons to sign. The guard quickly took them from the Clintons and said "You cannot sign this, he is a seller". I attempted three times but the guard wouldn't let me. I believe he was a secret service agent.

So I got no autographs but did shake their hands, and talked to them. It was quite embarrising and I am gonna call the Clinton office soon to share my feedback.

I've never seen them sign for just anyone - I would imagine the SS checks out the autograph seekers to see who's legit. It's really for the Clinton's own safety. You have to remember that the Secret Service isn't there to be adverse to you, but to protect the Clintons. You must have done something to set them off, but I don't know what :?
MW1221 wrote:When you call the Clinton office ask for two authentic autographs to make up for your loss, and remind them that every autograph is a pontential vote for Hilary. It might work

It does not. :neutral:
They're not going to do you a favor after you threaten them or give them an ultimatum. It just doesn't work that way.
Dallas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dallas »

CDolan02 wrote:
Logan-Autograph-Guy wrote:The Clintons both got off the podieum and started signing autographs. I made my way to the front, took out the photos I had printed and gave them to the Clintons to sign. The guard quickly took them from the Clintons and said "You cannot sign this, he is a seller". I attempted three times but the guard wouldn't let me. I believe he was a secret service agent.

MW1221 wrote:When you call the Clinton office ask for two authentic autographs to make up for your loss, and remind them that every autograph is a pontential vote for Hilary. It might work

It does not. :neutral:
They're not going to do you a favor after you threaten them or give them an ultimatum. It just doesn't work that way.
I agree, a bribe won't work. But if you tell them politely they might understand. Sorry for the failure Logan.
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

Logan, did you ask the Clinton's to sign the photo, or were you talking with the Secret Service agents?

When you were taking to the Clintons themselves, I'm sure if you asked them to sign, they would.

When you approached them, were you fighting through the crowd, or reaching over any other autograph seekers? I'm trying to figure out why the SS would think you were a dealer. I don't think it would have been because of the photos.

I personally feel terrible that after traveling all that distance, it didn't work out.

I can't understand, either, why they'd stand there talking to you after they signed for everyone but you :?
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

We were in a crowd, so everyone was just giving their photos to the Clintons. So when Hillary & Bill took my photos and then the third attempt with my ticket, the secret service took it away from them.

I asked Hillary more political stuff and Bill just commented and he commented back. This was before the autograph signing, this was during Q&A

At first since I was in the back, I fought through to get towards the front. Then I put the photos near the Clintons and they took them.
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

So you did get your photos signed? :?

It was your 3rd attempt that make the agents think you were a dealer. Usually if an autograph seeker asks for more than one signature per person, the agents will tell the protectee that maybe they're signing for a dealer.
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

No, I got no autographs.

They took my photos, but then gave them back to me. He was about to sign it, but didn't. The secret service took it from both Clintons.