Sending requests via email

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
RobbyT43
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Sending requests via email

Post by RobbyT43 »

I have sent alot of autograph requests via email. I have rarely gotten a reply. How do I know if my requests are going through?

Any help would be appreciated {up}
SIGNATURE MADE BY BRANDO- thanks!!!

My Autograph Website- http://photosbyrobby.fotopic.net/ [UPDATED!!!]
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

The only thing I can think of is if you have an webmail address (hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc) address, your e-mails might be getting caught in a spam filter. Some people e-mail back before sending a photo, but for others, I'm not sure how you could know for sure that they got it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :(

BossC
cuddlyewok
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cuddlyewok »

The only time that I have had a reply from someone I have emailed is when I have had a rejection.
The successes I have had (Roger Federer, Carol Vorderman, Noel Edmonds, Handy Andy Kane and Robbie Coltrane) have resulted in something being sent to me. It think it is a case of just waiting.

If you are using a hotmail.com or yahoo.com email address, then I agree with what BossC said about them getting caught up in a spam filter.

One thing I do have on mine, which you may or may not have, is the ability to request an email receipt, so you know if the person has got it. It even lets you know if the recipient has deleted your email without reading it.
I use incredimail, and have a ntlworld.com address.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Stuart
Image___Image

As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know. - US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld
------------------------------------------------------
RobbyT43
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobbyT43 »

thanks BossC and Stuart! :D

By the way, I do have a yahoo.com email, but I am going to use my mom's local ISP address {up}

themohawkgirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by themohawkgirl »

if you write to a band via a myspace message, look in your sent box, itll say whether its been read, or just sent

good luck!
Image Image Image Image
Yuffie_Kisaragi
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Yuffie_Kisaragi »

Who have you sent for by email anyway? Ill let you know if ive ever had anything back from who you emailed
Even in a world where fear and despair reign over the heavens, you must never forget where there is shadow there is always light! That's right! Bask in my rays evil doers! Feel the radiance of Wutai super ninja: Yuffie Kisaragi!"
RobbyT43
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by RobbyT43 »

I sent emails to Jennifer Garner (SFM), George W. Bush, Nancy Grace, Greg Norman, Jim Davis, Chris Tomlin, Peter Gallagher, Dick Cheney, Jay Leno, Jack Nicklaus, Deborah Norville, Rafael Nadal, Tony Blair, Jack Hanna, Nashville Predators, Atlanta Braves, Adam Scott, Judge Judy, Tony Kornheiser (via Washington Post website), and Mike Wilbon (via Washington Post website).

Thanks for the help![/list]