Question about certain agencies

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
beau99
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about certain agencies

Post by beau99 »

I've read horror stories regarding agencies like CESD and ICM not delivering fanmail.

Thing is, two people I want to send out to are represented by CESD (Marvin Kaplan and Arnold Stang).

I want to get them ASAP because they're both old in age, but at the same time I don't want to waste my time and stamps if this will happen to me.

So... what am I supposed to do here?
Autograph count:
Real: 9
Pre-print: 1
In person: 2
ChattyGirl247

Post by ChattyGirl247 »

That is most likely a lie. I've seen some successes from that address. You should still send a letter to try for there auto's
If you want you can email CESD and ask if they do pass on mail. I couldn't find any contact for ICM but here is the web
CESD partners@cesdtalent.com
ICM http://www.icmtalent.com
GOOD LUCK {up}
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

CESD never responds to emails.
Chris102

Post by Chris102 »

Although I have seen successes from ICM, I have personally requested autographs from many different celebrities a few years ago through ICM, and I never heard back. I don't think they pass on fanmail. I feel that when they see the 9x12 envelope coming, it goes straight to the trash, knowing it's an autograph request. (Now, I can't guarantee that this actually happens - it's just my thoughts on their practices :wink: )
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Hi beau99,

I would say to take the chance because agencies are the only way to reach certain celebrities.

Want to hear an agency that's bad, it would have to be Creative Artists Agency, the usual consensus is that Creative Artists doesn't forward fanmail to their clients.