A Newbie with a Question!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
sourrgrrapes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

A Newbie with a Question!

Post by sourrgrrapes »

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, and I'd like to introduce myself and ask a question...
First of all, My name is Maria and I'm a 19 year old girl from Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania. I'm a student at Robert Morris University majoring in
English Education.

I just got turned onto collecting celebrity autographs, as I just went to my first celebrity auction on Sunday evening. A local high school held it, and they ended up raising 6 thousand dollars for Autism Speaks charity. I won a bag autographed by Julie Andrews and Henry Winkler's childrens book signed by him. :)

My question is this: If I were to write to a band that is no longer together, like Heart or Black Sabbath for examples, is it likely that I will receive an autograph?

Thank you!
"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center."
-Kurt Vonnegut-
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

im glad so much money was raised for autism :)
& congrats on the autographed items that you won!

Unfortunately, if they band has broken up, the address is no longer valid. You can however write to each member of the band individually and request an autograph from them. I dont think you will be able to get a picture signed by all of the band members though. Unless of course, its a band composed of siblings.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hi Maria ,

Let me start by welcoming you to the site :)

You can still write to band member indivudialy. Chances are they would still sign autographs.

Remember went writing to them to include a SASE if you want to increase your chances for a reply. But keep it mind that some celebs or singers are not good at signing autograph TTM.

Hope this helps.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask.

Goodluck with your requests and have fun collecting :)
sourrgrrapes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sourrgrrapes »

Thank you for the help!
Has anyone used The Celebrity Black Book to help them find addresses to individual people on TV shows or older bands?
"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center."
-Kurt Vonnegut-