More successes!

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Good luck!

Post by TheCollector »

Dubsbball14 wrote:TheCollector wrote:
Hi Nate

Thanks for your posting. I does become a bit expensive, but if you concentrate on a few well chosen celebs at a time I can be done more cheaply! Also, if you write to TV programmes you can often pick up several autos all at once.

For example if you write to the cast of Coronation Street, or the cast of EastEnders you might be lucky enough to get 4 or 5 signed pics for the price of one.

When you write, you need to address the envelope to "The Cast of....." and say what a great fan you are and you were wondering whether you might be able to get some autographed photos of the cast.

You never know, but it might be worth the risk!

Cheers
Ian

Hey Ian
I think I'm going to try that and see what I can get. I really had no stamps so I made that list on the Collecting Help forum with a lot of emails and that kept me busy for a few days. Now I have enough stamps to send a few out!
Good luck! It's worth a try!
Ian {up}
seanny

he auction

Post by seanny »

hi ian a.k.a. the collector i just thought of something im not sure if u have already thought of it but its just a idea like but i was thinking with the autographs that people buy when u sell them on the site r u going to put in the letter u got with the autograph as it helps show its authentic i know the letter is with ur name at the beginning but im sure it mite help the sale a bit more just a idea hope this is worth u reading lol tell me wat u think and i hope the action goes well ill be bidding for some of them if i dont get any replys by the time the action is on
thanks for all the great advice :D :D :D {up} {up} {up} {up}
peace
TheCollector

Re: he auction

Post by TheCollector »

seanny wrote:hi ian a.k.a. the collector i just thought of something im not sure if u have already thought of it but its just a idea like but i was thinking with the autographs that people buy when u sell them on the site r u going to put in the letter u got with the autograph as it helps show its authentic i know the letter is with ur name at the beginning but im sure it mite help the sale a bit more just a idea hope this is worth u reading lol tell me wat u think and i hope the action goes well ill be bidding for some of them if i dont get any replys by the time the action is on
thanks for all the great advice :D :D :D {up} {up} {up} {up}
peace
Hi seanny {up}

Thanks for your posting! Yeah I will be including the whole thing if it is wanted, letter, comp slip, envelope etc.

When I sold the couple of bits the other day on Ebay I gave away all the original packaging from whoever donated it (paramount pics and granada tv for those two).

Personally, if I was bidding I would be thinking like you. I would want everything that proves it's real.

It is a serious problem that there are so many dodgy autograph sellers, especially on Ebay and the like. All it does it seriously push the prices down. I can 100% guarentee all my autos are authentic - I have written to them all afterall, but buyers find it difficult to take your word for it.

I won't try to say I am anywhere near an expert on all autographs, but I have seen autos for sale on Ebay purpotedly authentics which look nothing like the confirmed autos I have received.

The problem is that if for example I was actually to put an original Elton John autograph on an Ebay I would never get it's true value. Buyers are rightfully sceptical but when you have to sell a £450 auto for £30 you begin to think . . . . .

I can't really complain because any money for charity is better than none, but more is better than less!

Cheers for you input,

Ian {up}
seanny

Post by seanny »

hey thanks for a quick reply to wat i wrote and yeah your right with the whole priceing thing and weather people truly beleve that they r real and your right with the whole elton john price cause it has to be worth alot of money but if you havent already sold it thats 1 i will be really intersted in buying from u but one question i do have is how will people pay for the autographs if they win the auction cause there are loads of autographs you have i would really want to get such as david beckham,frank skinner, elton john,catherine zeta jones and a couple more and so im just wondering how its possable to pay for them like postal orders,cheques,or credit cards or money through the post cause like i said im intersted in quite a few that you have and robert lyndsey and if you have it kris marshall who plays nick in my family thats worth something and another i would be really intersted in and just as a idea for a new autograph you will make quite a bit for would be britney spears i hear she will do a lot of things for charity and gives loads of money to a charity when she can and i will pay alot of money for hers aswell so you know see if you can hook me up with kris marshalls and britney spears and ill pay alot for them both if you can get them i look forward to your reply

regards
steven
peace :D :D :D :D {up} {up} {up}
TheCollector

Auction

Post by TheCollector »

seanny wrote:hey thanks for a quick reply to wat i wrote and yeah your right with the whole priceing thing and weather people truly beleve that they r real and your right with the whole elton john price cause it has to be worth alot of money but if you havent already sold it thats 1 i will be really intersted in buying from u but one question i do have is how will people pay for the autographs if they win the auction cause there are loads of autographs you have i would really want to get such as david beckham,frank skinner, elton john,catherine zeta jones and a couple more and so im just wondering how its possable to pay for them like postal orders,cheques,or credit cards or money through the post cause like i said im intersted in quite a few that you have and robert lyndsey and if you have it kris marshall who plays nick in my family thats worth something and another i would be really intersted in and just as a idea for a new autograph you will make quite a bit for would be britney spears i hear she will do a lot of things for charity and gives loads of money to a charity when she can and i will pay alot of money for hers aswell so you know see if you can hook me up with kris marshalls and britney spears and ill pay alot for them both if you can get them i look forward to your reply

regards
steven
peace :D :D :D :D {up} {up} {up}
Hi Seanny,

I'm not sure how the money side of things will work, but I guess cheques, postal orders, credit cards etc will all be OK. I'll have to let you know nearer the time!

Ian