2 Sending to Norway Questions

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
acwilliams
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

2 Sending to Norway Questions

Post by acwilliams »

I am planning to send to Norway, in fact to Eirik Bakke at SK Brann FC. I have the address:
Eirik Bakke
SK Brann FC
Postboks 8
Idrettsveien
47 5821
BERGEN

I have 2 questions though:

1. Will 3 IRC's be enough.
2. Presumably I write that address on and put an english stamp on and for the SASE my address with the IRC's. Is that correct?

Any help appreciated.
People I am waiting for:
(Under new postage changes)
Martin O'Neill
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi acwilliams :D

To answer your questions:
acwilliams wrote:Will 3 IRC's be enough.
I'm assuming you'll be sending a 9x12 inch SAE (or of similar size), so 3 IRC's will be sufficient to have something sent back to you. :wink:
acwilliams wrote:Presumably I write that address on and put an english stamp on and for the SASE my address with the IRC's. Is that correct?
Yes, for the envelope you are putting your SAE, IRC's, letter etc., you will address your envelope as posted, and stick enough stamps from your country (in this case, the UK) onto the envelope.

Your envelope will enclose a SAE and the IRC's in place of a SASE (The IRC's will be exchanged for Norwegian stamps to stick on your SAE).

I hope this helps. Good luck with your request!

nowandagain [rocon]
acwilliams
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by acwilliams »

Thanks nowandagain!
People I am waiting for:
Martin O'Neill
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

You're welcome acwilliams :D

Good luck!

nowandagain [rockon]
acwilliams
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by acwilliams »

Unfortunately, certain events have stopped me from sending this but I do aim to get this out by the beginning of next week. I have though just noticed the 31.12.06 expire date. If the post office see I have attempted to pay, if this gets back after that date will the IRCs be replaced?
People I am waiting for:
Martin O'Neill
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi acwilliams :D

Considering the old IRC's are expiring at the end of this year ... your post office should be selling new ones (I know my post office is). They look like this and are valid until 31 December 2009:

If whomever has the old IRC and tries to redeem it after 31 December 2006, they are not valid and cannot be exchanged for stamps. Therefore, whomever wants to exchange the old IRC's will have to pay for stamps themselves.

As for the IRC's being replaced - I have no idea if it's possible or not. If you do get the IRC's back you can try, but no guarantees if it's possible.

nowandagain [rockon]
roso
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: 2 Sending to Norway Questions

Post by roso »

It's better to send an e-mail to SK Brann FK... They'll send it for free!
Norwaygirl on the run!