Wade Boggs epic fail

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
bookofoa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Wade Boggs epic fail

Post by bookofoa »

On July 5, just under a month ago, I sent a LOR, SASE and baseball card to Wade Boggs at the Tampa address in the database. Quick little bit of background. The card I sent was literally the very first baseball card I ever owned. My grandfather was a huge Red Sox fan and gave it to me, which which was part of a specialty set that could only be found in Maine. Part of what I wrote to Mr. Boggs was about that.

Today, Aug. 4, I received the card back in my envelope not only unsigned, but it had been folded in half. The fact that it was then reinserted into the protective penny sleeve I use whenever I send cards clearly shows that it was done on purpose. I have no idea why anyone would do that, but needless to say, this was a failure.
DiamondDave
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Wade Boggs epic fail

Post by DiamondDave »

Wow...that blows. Boggs, like many players can be very particular about what they sign. Obviously, that doesn't mean he or his staff should have done such a thing. Sorry. I successfully got Boggs on a photo a year ago.
Trolls be gone!
ikungfuyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ikungfuyou »

I got a signed baseball about 3 months ago, he charges $20 per autograph for the charity he is affiliated with (most HOF'ers charge).

http://www.sportscardforum.com/ttm.php? ... =1791&sp=2
Since 1994 (350 + autographs in collection):

Favorite Autographs: Tom Backer; Michael Jackson; Jermaine Jackson; Tito Jackson; Slash; President Donald Trump; David Cassidy; Jerry Lee Lewis; Fats Domino; Yoko Ono; Ringo Starr; Sir George Martin; Sir Elton John; Charlie Watts; President George Bush; President George W. Bush; President Jimmy Carter; President Gerald Ford; President Bill Clinton; 1st Lady Barbara Bush; Prime Minister Tony Blair; Michael Jordan; Lucy Liu; Jonny Lee Miller; John Inman; Mollie Sugden; Frank Thorton; Fred Rogers; John Schneider; Mel Tormé; Tony Bennett; Carrie Fisher; Dawn French; Jerry Lewis; Robin Williams; Tom Selleck; Bob Hope; Michelle Phillips; Steve Vai; Sammy Hagar; Cheap Trick (all 4); Monkees (all 4); Nirvana (Krist Novoselic) ; the Crickets (Jerry Allison & Joe B. Mauldin); Neil deGrasse Tyson; Michio Kaku; Ryne Sandberg; Pete Rose; Bob Uecker; Andre Dawson; Leonard Nimoy; Patrick Stewart; William Shatner, John Williams, James Gandolfini.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

A little late, but first rule is: Never send anything you don't want to lose or get ruined. Rule 1A is: Before you send something that's of value (monetary or otherwise), send a letter describing the item and get the OK to send it.

You mentioned a penny sleeve - soft plastic like a bag or hard top loader? I would have sent it in a 5x7 top loader, and then put a cardboard stiffener taped on back of the top loader, at least.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
bookofoa
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bookofoa »

It wouldn't have mattered. Someone took it out of the sleeve, folded it, and then reinserted it folded.
Garakplainsimple

Post by Garakplainsimple »

My Boggs card came back today unsigned too.
Striker83
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Striker83 »

FYI, Boggs does sign TTM, however charges. He will sign a card or 8x10 for TTM if you include $5. If you want to send a baseball, I'd send $10 just to be safe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite TTM: Amanda Seyfried, Calvin Johnson, Clayton Kershaw, Jordy Nelson, Jose Abreu, Josh Hamilton, Max Scherzer, Paul Goldschmidt, Peyton Manning, Steve Young, Wade Boggs

Most Wanted: Aaron Rodgers, Benjamin Burnley, Bryce Harper, Denzel Washington, Drew Brees, Giancarlo Stanton, Katy Perry, Yasiel Puig, Zack Greinke
PaladinLeba
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by PaladinLeba »

I have had success with Boggs. Sent him $5, a LOR, SASE and 5 cards. He signed all 5. Turnaround time was 2 months. Just have to send the cash.