How do I store autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

How do I store autographs?

Post by guest »

Hi

Do i store them in an album, or in frames, or in a wall?

Please help!
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Insatia »

well i'm not an expert on the matter but i'd suggest if you are keeping them for your own pleasure to display them in whatever way you wish.

if you think you wont bring them out much put them in a photo album or filing box of some sort.

but say you like to show them off? i would then suggest framing them but only if you have a place to hang them in your office/home otherwise i wouldnt think there would be much point. i'm sure it would bring up some good conversation with your guests and possibly impress them :)

i currently have my collection in plastic protective sheets inside of a binder. but personally when i get the spare change i plan to mount them. or at least the ones i really adore and/or are authentic to the best of my knowledge. . and then leave the rest in the binder. i'm hoping to cover a wall in my living room with my favorites one day.
cosmicgirl

Hello!

Post by cosmicgirl »

I would keep them up in frames as they look certainly decorative. But I suggest you don't stick them up cause 1. they will have a mark on the photo and on the wall 2. Sun can shine on the pic and cause it eventually to smudge.
I keep mine in a photo book with sheets covering them but they don't get noticed very often. 8)

love cosmicgirl {up} {up} {up}
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Debs eleven »

I got mine framed in my hallway. People do notice them as soon as they walk through the front door and it prompts a long discussion each time on the why, wheres and hows! Its all good fun though!.
AutographWanter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AutographWanter »

When I get enough autographs I'll probably put it in a binder with plastic sleeves (I only have like 3 right now :oops: ) But I guess it's up to you. I'm going to do it in a binder because I like looking at things like that and I feel like it's more organized and won't get lost or anything.
ImageImageImageImage
Recent Successes: Jorge Garcia, Yunjin Kim, Samantha Peszek, "Billy Elliot"
Recently Sent: Stephen Daldry, Ivana Hong
Luvable_joel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Luvable_joel »

I am going to buy a photo album soon to place my autographs in, i have a couple on display. My special James Fox one is on my wall in a frame. My scott maslen one is leaning on my desk & my nigel harman one is in a frame on my shelf.

Joel Beckett is GORG!!

Total autograph count- 42
Dustin
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by Dustin »

AutographWanter wrote:When I get enough autographs I'll probably put it in a binder with plastic sleeves (I only have like 3 right now :oops: ) But I guess it's up to you. I'm going to do it in a binder because I like looking at things like that and I feel like it's more organized and won't get lost or anything.
Mine is in a nice binder with plastic sleeves like this also. I find it better for carrying around my collection this way also.

Dustin
stephanie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I WOULD

Post by stephanie »

I MYSELF WOULD NEVER EVER PUT THEM IN A FRASME ONLY BC AIR GETS INTO IT AND THEN EVENTUALLY RUBS OFF ON GLASS IN AN ALBUM I WOUL NEVER EITHER. ALL MY FAMILYPHOTOS ARE IN A SCRAPBOOK. NO ADHESIVE BACKING. AS FOR AUTOGRAPHS I HAVE THEM IN A PLASTIC SLEEVE IN A BINDER THE SLEEVES WONT RUB OR FAD YOU GET ABOUT 25 SLEEVES FOR 4 DOLLARDS. THEY USE THESE IN FOR PRESETATION AND THINSG AND CAN BE FOUND AT ANY STORE IN STATIONARY DEPT.
Luvable_joel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Luvable_joel »

can i ask a silly question, but what protective sleeves are everybody using?
Are they like the normal poly pocket ones for ringbinders or are they special ones

Joel Beckett is GORG!!

Total autograph count- 42
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

Hi

Do i store them in an album, or in frames, or in a wall?

Please help!

In a wall? Lol....I just keep them in frames so everyone can see