asking for non-personalized autographs

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

To me? that's a huge indicator that you're not keeping the autograph. I think naturally any celeb would think that.

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Logan-Autograph-Guy »

What if you didn't want them to personalize because it was a cast photo and you want to just have signatures? :P
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Last Autograph Received: Richard Russo (auction)
Last In-Person Autograph: Diane Sawyer
My Favorite Autograph: Amanda Bynes
x Pirates-Fan x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

I don't know

Post by x Pirates-Fan x »

I normally only send because I'm a fan and would be soooooo happy to get a personalised one, and I can understand if you want to do it for charity but I think that selling them on ebay is just wrong, I would never dream of doing that! The only reason I would sell them is for charity or that I am completely broke and they were basicly the last thing I could sell. So I think it is quite rude to ask but its really up to you thats just my opinion.

x Pirates-Fan x
Fenix01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Fenix01 »

I think for some celebs it can be rude if you write that you don't want to have dedication from them.
I also think that for truly fan if you realy like some person it's the greatest that your idol signed only for you.

It's wonderful to have that photos in your own collection.
It's unique!

http://www.freewebs.com/fenix01
or
http://www.mattscollection.prv.pl

Last Success :
Sophie Marceau

Pending Requests:
Julia Roberts. Jill Hennessy, Geri, Bette Midler, Colin Firth, Catherine Deneuve, Cameron Diaz,
Logan-Autograph-Guy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Logan-Autograph-Guy »

I can't believe anyone would sell their collection

I mean, for me, it will be a lifetime hobby and I can pass it on to later generations, not sell it to some weirdo on ebay :lol:
Most Recently Requested: Kate Winslet, Sara Paxton, Henry Ian Cusick, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Samuel Alito, Roseanne Barr, Colin Powell, Regis Philbin, Liv Tyler, Kate Winslet (2nd for charity), Newt Gingrich, John Glenn, Cheryl Hines, Justin Chambers, Madison Pettis, "Wicked" cast, "Beauty and the Beast" cast
Last Autograph Received: Richard Russo (auction)
Last In-Person Autograph: Diane Sawyer
My Favorite Autograph: Amanda Bynes
likesautographs211
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by likesautographs211 »

ok... thanks, just checking
i get the point though, so can someone lock this?
TaeBee16
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TaeBee16 »

i think if u tell them its for charity or something, and then ask them not to personalized it would be okay. Maybe, since they realized that you have a reason.
TOOLiTTLETOOLATE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TOOLiTTLETOOLATE »

it seems that when you send two of your own pictures, or one of your own, and they send back their own headshot, they only personalize one of them, and just sign the other. that's whats been happening with me.

xxx
likesautographs211
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by likesautographs211 »

thanks
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: I don't know

Post by EugeneE »

x Pirates-Fan x wrote:I normally only send because I'm a fan and would be soooooo happy to get a personalised one, and I can understand if you want to do it for charity but I think that selling them on ebay is just wrong, I would never dream of doing that! The only reason I would sell them is for charity or that I am completely broke and they were basicly the last thing I could sell. So I think it is quite rude to ask but its really up to you thats just my opinion.

x Pirates-Fan x
I also think that selling on EBAY is wrong, I collect autographs for fun & also because I am a fan. But there are people who write to celebrities to get autographs just so that they can sell them on EBAY, these type of people ruin it for everyone.

BTW: I just bough 36 9x12" envelopes this morning from Wal-Mart so I am going to start writing to celebrities TTM.