Can someone take a look at this...

Moderators' Forum.
chewytoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Can someone take a look at this...

Post by chewytoffee »

Hey everyone,

There is a thread in the Autograph Collecting Discussions forum about someone who sent a scrapbook to one celebrity and asked for them to sign it and then pass it on to another celeb and so on...

Here it is:
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=39929

I don't know for sure, but I believe this member has actually done this and received something back. I think some members, even some of the Junior Mods, are a bit too quick to pass it off as a 'fake'- even without scans. I think this may start a small argument, but that's just my opinion :wink:

What does everyone else think?

Thanks,

Paul :D

The Police Reunion Tour
16th October MEN Arena

UPDATED: 22/05/07
HayleyR210
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HayleyR210 »

I agree. I think "TheMailMan" has a bad attitude.....not only in thos post, but many others as well. He makes rude comments, not thinking of how some others will take it.
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

this member has posted fakes in the past. I wouldnt encourage anyone to try that
#-John-#
jdp3577

Post by jdp3577 »

HayleyR210 wrote:I agree. I think "TheMailMan" has a bad attitude.....not only in thos post, but many others as well. He makes rude comments, not thinking of how some others will take it.
I have to agree with you there, I just locked the post where he's jumping on people for asking for email addresses
#-John-#
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

There is no need to lock this topic yet but we should definetely keep an eye on it - who knows, it might have happened. Of course people have the right to be a bit sceptic but still...

I would love to see some pics though - which was also the case with Brian who met Will Smith.

Fatima xxx
tinker_mel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tinker_mel »

jdp3577 wrote:
HayleyR210 wrote:I agree. I think "TheMailMan" has a bad attitude.....not only in thos post, but many others as well. He makes rude comments, not thinking of how some others will take it.
I have to agree with you there, I just locked the post where he's jumping on people for asking for email addresses
My opinion is the same but Im giving him a second chance
~*+*My Autograph Collection*+*~ -
http://www.rebelautographs.com :D
Joey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joey »

I agree with you all about TheMailman :? He can be helpful, but he often seems to have a strange attitude towards other members / situations.

As to the member rob234111, he always says he is getting a new camera soon. I'm pretty sure he's said that at least 3 times, and he never does. :roll: I also find it very unlikely that his scrap book idea would work . . .

I obviously can't say for sure if he is telling the truth or lying, but I would definitely watch this member. Does anyone else remember his website about his book series? :shock:
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

I had wondered if this would start any arguments too. :? And I know he tends to post some pretty odd successes... I remember reading the website about his books Joey, and thinking that there was no way that could happen. I mean maybe I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem quite right. I think we should definately watch him.
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Joey wrote:As to the member rob234111, he always says he is getting a new camera soon. I'm pretty sure he's said that at least 3 times, and he never does. :roll: I also find it very unlikely that his scrap book idea would work . . .

I obviously can't say for sure if he is telling the truth or lying, but I would definitely watch this member. Does anyone else remember his website about his book series? :shock:
So true Joey :wink:

Remember a while back when he was selling "authentic" Emma Watson autographs because he claimed he was her cousin (and for an extra $5 or something it would be personalised?) No photographic evidence of it though ...

And that book ... I think we kind of scared him off the forums for a while, but he's come back now. He probably thinks we've forgotten about these incidents now that they were months back ...

Definitely a member to keep a look out for :shock:

nowandagain [rockon]
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

What exactly did happen with the book? I never heard, I just remember seeing the website.