authenticity question about these stars?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
goldy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goldy »

TheCollector wrote:

Just imagine you had a young daughter of say 13, and she got an auto from her favourite pop star. You were convinced it was a preprint, but I am suggesting we wouldn't offer her such a harsh explanation.

Ian :mrgreen:
Why wouldnt you wanna know if your piece is fake?!

Ok.. I have a 7 and 10 year old.. They have written to many people, and ASKED to write to many people. THEY ONLY WANT AUTHENTIC. hey don't want a pre-print or a sec. Thats them.. When pre-prints have came, they throw them in the trash.

Maybe in the future we should use code word like "That is the most authentic piece I have never seen"...
http://www.robertbarrow.com

I send my OWN sase, so the envelopes only have my address information. I throw them in the Trash!
rpbluesman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rpbluesman »

What Ian is trying to say is that people don't need to jump on an opportunity to point out a secraterial or a pre-printed autograph the instant we see one on the forums.

Like he said, many of the younger colletors don't care at the beginning. Like Ian also said, they write to someone that signs because the know they'll get a response. If they find out later that it's fake, then so be it. By then they'll have grown into the hobby, and have gotten many more autos.

The main point is that there doesn't need to be an issue with every post regarding authenticity.

Like he said, you are welcome to give your opinions, so long as you respect the fact that other members have opinions as well, whether or not they agree with yours.
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

I agree with Ian and I don't usually post my opinion in other threads unless it's positive or unless the person asks whether or not it's secretarial/pre-print/etc...
LloydJBailey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: authenticity question about these stars?

Post by LloydJBailey »

I'm a little confused... when you say Al Pacino has a secretarial... Do you mean he PAYS somebody to write his signature?

Maybe I'm totally off... But that's not cool at all.
{down}
autograph hound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: authenticity question about these stars?

Post by autograph hound »

(I'm a little confused... when you say Al Pacino has a secretarial... Do you mean he PAYS somebody to write his signature?)

Most A-list stars do......its not surprising at all.