Postage. On envelope or enclosed?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Postage. On envelope or enclosed?

Post by Insatia »

I have had a horrible turn out with my first batch of mailings for autographs. I sent a letter, index card and a SAE in a regular sized envelope.

I’m making the next step and going to send out 9x12 manilla envelopes with SASE of the same size enclosed. My question is do you simple enclose the postage? Or do you stick it on your SAE?

It seems as though you would simply put the postage on your return envelope but I wanted to check first.
x_tink_x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x_tink_x »

I always put it on the envo
xxxlove kay xxx
Debs eleven
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Debs eleven »

Yeah, so do I. :)
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

Ya I put mine right on the envolope. Makes it even quicker for whoever is signing it.
KellyMBel
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by KellyMBel »

I do not even include a pre-paid envelope because they never use them, and I still get the same turnout.
Dubsbball14
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dubsbball14 »

KellyMBel said:
I do not even include a pre-paid envelope because they never use them, and I still get the same turnout.

really?....that could save me some money
TheCollector

Re: Postage. On envelope or enclosed?

Post by TheCollector »

Insatia wrote:I have had a horrible turn out with my first batch of mailings for autographs. I sent a letter, index card and a SAE in a regular sized envelope.

I’m making the next step and going to send out 9x12 manilla envelopes with SASE of the same size enclosed. My question is do you simple enclose the postage? Or do you stick it on your SAE?

It seems as though you would simply put the postage on your return envelope but I wanted to check first.
Hi Insatia! {up}

Firstly, I always put return postage on the envelope.

If sending overseas, I send the SAE with the IRC's paperclipped on!

I attach below a response I made elsewhere on your forum which I thought might be helpful!
I think the problem you might be having with index cards is that more often than not, major celebrities play little or no part in handling their fan mail.

Most autograph-type requests go via agents who handle this workload for them. If you want an index card signed, the agent has to forward this onto the celeb, of hold it until the celeb is due in for a meeting etc (during which time your card may well get lost).

The reason that signed photos are more likely to be sent out is that the agent usually holds a stock of these which have been signed the last time they were in the office. For example, most celebs may only go to see their agent a few times a year. And whilst there they might sign 600 photos for the agent to keep in stock.

I only visit my agent about once a month, but inbetween times they pass on my mail, and I sign from home (my mailbag is significantly smaller though)!!!!

The same applies if you want a dedicated autograph. You will have to wait longer than just a plain autograph. In fact though, some celebs have their agents add the "personalised" bit to the already signed photo they supplied before!

Unless you are wanting to collect index cards in particular, you will find you have a much greater success with photos. Again though, you will often get a response more quickly if you do not send a photo of your own as once again you will have to wait for the celeb to make his/her visit!

In my own personal experience, celebs expect to have to provide photos for their fans.
I hope this is helpful.

Ian
{thumb2} [uk]