What would happen if I returned my pre-printed autograph

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Adonis85257
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What would happen if I returned my pre-printed autograph

Post by Adonis85257 »

Hello Fellow Autograph Seekers,
I can understand that celebrities are very busy and that they get tons of messages each day, but what do you suppose would happen if I returned my pre-printed autograph to the celebrity ? I'm guessing that nothing would ever come of it, but I would hope that the celebrities would get the message that pre-printed autographs are not appreciated by the fans. Which is better, getting a pre-printed autograph in the mail or receiving your photo back unsigned without an explanation ? Last, do you think that the celebrity would actually autograph the pre-printed photo and send it back to me ? I suppose that it's worth a try. Please let me know what you think. Have a great week and happy collecting.
HarryTheCinephile
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What would happen if I returned my pre-printed autograph

Post by HarryTheCinephile »

Well, normally you get the pre-print for a reason, so I don't think sending it back is a good idea, and as for signing it, I would personally find that a bit rude if I was a celeb.
therantguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by therantguy »

HarryTheCinephile wrote:Well, normally you get the pre-print for a reason, so I don't think sending it back is a good idea, and as for signing it, I would personally find that a bit rude if I was a celeb.
Y'all know the celeb never sees these right? Like you don't actually think Tom Cruise (or whomever) is filling out your envelope from a stack of pre-prints.

I will tell you what will happen, the intern who handles these requests will throw in in the garbage and you will be out a stamp and an envelope.
Fave IP - Karl Urban, John Astin, Nathan Fillion, Ron Perlman, Bruce Boxleitner, Elvira, Neil Gaiman, GRRM, Stephen King, James Hong, Gillian Anderson, Patrick Stewart, Summer Glau, Jewel Staite, Alan Tudyk, Gina Torres, Peter Beagle, Guillermo Del Toro, Edward James Olmos, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Bruce Campbell, Hilary Clinton

Fave TTM - Leslie Neilson, Dakota Fanning, Peter Sallis, Donald Gibb (Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds), Dana Delaney, James Earl Jones, Jason Wingreen, Maureen O'Hara, Melissa Joan Hart, Warren Stevens (Forbidden Planet), Frank Oz, Piers Anthony

Most Desired - James Caan, Gene Wilder
Adonis85257
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Adonis85257 »

Thank you for your responses and I concur. The celebrity never sees these and so I'm out 50 cents :) At the same time, a facsimile autograph is NOT an autograph and i can't stand to look at them. Especially, Adam Sandler's cheap post card. The post office did so much damage to it, that it might as well have been thrown away. Oh well, life goes on.
Adonis85257
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Adonis85257 »

To me, and maybe I'm an anomaly, but I think that it's rude of the celebrity to send a pre-print. I would hope that if people start sending back their pre-prints ( like fans throw back a home run ball by the opposing team ) , celebs will get the message and no longer send pre-printed autographs.
Stai12345
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Stai12345 »

This is my opinion, I think that a pre-print is much nicer than, nothing at all. I have and lots of autograph collectors have sent a letter and nothing has happened in a year. Because I feel lucky that I get anything at all. So when I get a pre-print I'm not happy but, I think, "Don't write to that address again." It's better than, sending many letters and not getting anything. I hope you appreciate my opinion. :D [us]
Last edited by Stai12345 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Favorite TTMs: James Earl Jones, Nick Jonas, Arnold Palmer, Mickey Wright, and Robert Clary

Favorite IPs: Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, and Jim Furk

I'm a BIG Star Wars fan, if you have any information about any valid Star Wars cast addresses please contact me. I like autographs from WW2 era heroes like Holocaust survivors, Nazi Resistance members and WW2 veterans. If you have any information on that, please contact me. I would appropriate it!
theman1223
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by theman1223 »

Stai12345 wrote:This is my opinion, I think that a pre print is much more nice than, a nothing at all. I have and lots of autograph collectors have sent a letter and nothing has happened in a year. Because I feel lucky that I get anything a all. So when I get a pre print I'm not happy but, I think, "Don't write to that address." It's better than, sending many letters and not getting anything. I hope you appreciate my opinion. :D [us]
I totally agree.
Favorite ttm: Mary Costa

Favorite ip: Erica Mason
Stai12345
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Stai12345 »

Thank you and for those who do send the pre print back I wish you the best of luck.
Favorite TTMs: James Earl Jones, Nick Jonas, Arnold Palmer, Mickey Wright, and Robert Clary

Favorite IPs: Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, and Jim Furk

I'm a BIG Star Wars fan, if you have any information about any valid Star Wars cast addresses please contact me. I like autographs from WW2 era heroes like Holocaust survivors, Nazi Resistance members and WW2 veterans. If you have any information on that, please contact me. I would appropriate it!
Adonis85257
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Adonis85257 »

Thank you very much for your thoughtful responses and optimism. I can appreciate the idea that a pre-print is better than nothing at all, but to me, it is impersonal and I feel as though I have never had contact with the celebrity. For those of you who do appreciate the pre-printed autographs, do you ever frame them ? Do your friends think that it's cool that you received a pre-printed autograph ? Thanks again for your taking the time to post to my response and I wish you all happy autograph collecting. I will say that this is an awesome site for sending celebrities autographs as I have received dozens of authentic autographs from a variety of celebrities.
theman1223
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by theman1223 »

Adonis85257 wrote:Thank you very much for your thoughtful responses and optimism. I can appreciate the idea that a pre-print is better than nothing at all, but to me, it is impersonal and I feel as though I have never had contact with the celebrity. For those of you who do appreciate the pre-printed autographs, do you ever frame them ? Do your friends think that it's cool that you received a pre-printed autograph ? Thanks again for your taking the time to post to my response and I wish you all happy autograph collecting. I will say that this is an awesome site for sending celebrities autographs as I have received dozens of authentic autographs from a variety of celebrities.
I did frame my Johnny Depp pp, then I just moved it to my autograph binder. My mom, stepdad, and dad thought it was cool, I guess it made me happy so they were happy. :)
Favorite ttm: Mary Costa

Favorite ip: Erica Mason