MMA Collectors

Chat about UFC/MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.
TommyL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: MMA Collectors

Post by TommyL »

?ukasz "Sasza" Chlewicki

Bigblu89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bigblu89 »

dunkanarchy wrote:Haven't collected MMA in about 3 years, and I have a few good ones, but I'm looking to build up with some of the newer fighters and all that. I got really excited when they introduced the UFC Topps cards, and I have a number of those signed, and I've gotten nearly all of those back. However, they no longer sell UFC cards anywhere close to me, so if I start collecting I'll have to buy boxes online. A couple of questions:

First, if I'm gonna buy cards, what boxes have good looking cards, and/or have a lot in the box/, and/or is a good price. I have a small stack of cards I could go through, but not many, so I would like to get more (I don't want to spend a lot on postage for 8x10's, and I don't like having IC signed)

Second, who are some really good signers that are must haves? I know of a few by looking through this list, but I'm sure there are more. Don't feel like you need to provide an address, I can get that, I'd just like to know some of the best signers. Many thanks in advance!
As far as pure quantity, the Topps Moment of Truth set is the largest, at 220 different fighters/personalities. Sets pop up on ebay from time to time in the $15-$25 range. If you search some of the Facebook UFC trading card groups, "base cards" can be bought for fairly cheap. A lot of those guys buy cases of cards, only looking fro rare and autographed cards, and sell the base cards for dirt cheap. I have a box of about 3000 cards that were mostly obtained from guys looking to dump base cards for really cheap.

As far as who signs, guys that I would consider near guarantees when it come to TTM include Randy Couture, Mark Munoz, Daniel Cormier, Cain Velazquez, Clay Guida, Matt Brown, Matt Hughes (if you dontate to his charity), Jake Shields, Carlos Condit, Jon Fitch, DOnald Cerrone. Just to name a few.
Imortalmindz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Imortalmindz »

I got back Chris Leben today. It took a month to get back. He also sent a really nice letter back as well.

Chris Leben
c/o Ultimate Fight School
1035 University Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96826

phyteguru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by phyteguru »

Kinda of random to see a return from the Ultimate Fight School. I thought Leben closed that place. Was your letter postmarked from San Diego by chance? He had moved to California to 'start over' while his wifey was going to law school.
Check out my Collection
http://www.facebook.com/gurugrapher
-One Fight at a Time-
1391 UFC Fighter Autographs Obtained
132 To Go
Bigblu89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bigblu89 »

Matt Wiman - 19 Days - Sent to Rose City Fitness

Imortalmindz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Imortalmindz »

phyteguru wrote:Kinda of random to see a return from the Ultimate Fight School. I thought Leben closed that place. Was your letter postmarked from San Diego by chance? He had moved to California to 'start over' while his wifey was going to law school.
,I've no idea now. I threw the envelope away into the trash bro
I'm sure I heard his wife had given up the law school a few months ago and she was training to run her own confectionary store
chip8989
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chip8989 »

does anyone else have an odd looking screen when they come to this site? It looks radically different to me when I view this page. I was not sure if the formatting on my computer did something or if the fanmail site is messed up.
ragtop12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ragtop12 »

chip8989 wrote:does anyone else have an odd looking screen when they come to this site? It looks radically different to me when I view this page. I was not sure if the formatting on my computer did something or if the fanmail site is messed up.
Looks the (usual) same to me
Y2jones
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Y2jones »

ragtop12 wrote:
chip8989 wrote:does anyone else have an odd looking screen when they come to this site? It looks radically different to me when I view this page. I was not sure if the formatting on my computer did something or if the fanmail site is messed up.
Looks the (usual) same to me
Last 2-3 days, mine has had a different layout to it. I just assumed something was updated. Didn't really worry or give it much thought.
TommyL
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TommyL »

Jessica "Evil" Eye

send:5.01.2015
get: 5.02.2015