MMA Collectors

Chat about UFC/MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.
phyteguru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: MMA Collectors

Post by phyteguru »

I thought he may go by Brooks too, unfortunately - all of the gloves I've seen say CM Punk.

Anyone know the info behind the name? A buddy said his mom called him the Cookie Master cause he loved cookies as a kid and that is where it came from.

I'll send something out to Roufusport today.
Check out my Collection
http://www.facebook.com/gurugrapher
-One Fight at a Time-
1391 UFC Fighter Autographs Obtained
132 To Go
Hardcore42187
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hardcore42187 »

When Punk 1st started wrestling he was in a tag team called the Chick Magnets. He adopted the name CM Punk meaning Chick Magnet Punk. If you ask Punk about it, he will give a different reply every time. I've heard him say it means Cookie Monster, Chicago Made, Chick Magnet, etc.

If any of you guys could help me get a few cards signed by Punk I would be very greatful. He has been my favorite wrestler ever since his days in IWA-MS when he was wrestling Chris Hero in hour long matches every night. I've been working on the 2012 Topps Heritage WWE set as well as the 2013 and 2014 base Topps WWE sets signed. I've had no luck with Punk at all. I think it was mainly because he was really frustrated with the WWE the last year or so he was there. They put so much on his shoulders and he really had no free time. If any of you could help out, I have tons of extra Punk cards You can have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Collector of
Bray Wyatt/Husky Harris Cards
Signed Wrestling Trading Cards
Signed LA Dodgers and Notre Dame trading cards

I also collect wrestling cards. If you have extras, hit me up and we'll trade.
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

Hardcore42187 wrote:When Punk 1st started wrestling he was in a tag team called the Chick Magnets. He adopted the name CM Punk meaning Chick Magnet Punk. If you ask Punk about it, he will give a different reply every time. I've heard him say it means Cookie Monster, Chicago Made, Chick Magnet, etc.
If any of you guys could help me get a few cards signed by Punk I would be very greatful. He has been my favorite wrestler ever since his days in IWA-MS when he was wrestling Chris Hero in hour long matches every night. I've been working on the 2012 Topps Heritage WWE set as well as the 2013 and 2014 base Topps WWE sets signed. I've had no luck with Punk at all. I think it was mainly because he was really frustrated with the WWE the last year or so he was there. They put so much on his shoulders and he really had no free time. If any of you could help out, I have tons of extra Punk cards You can have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Take your shot at CM Punk c/o Roufusport Gym in Milwaukee, WI
Send your cards in a large (colorful?) envelope with your request & self addressed stamped return envelope.
That's your best bet.
I think Roufusport will layout his fanmail & he'll sign it; or he will tell Roufusport to RTS all fanmail.
My 2 cents/thoughts.
Hardcore42187
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hardcore42187 »

deeakay wrote:
Hardcore42187 wrote:When Punk 1st started wrestling he was in a tag team called the Chick Magnets. He adopted the name CM Punk meaning Chick Magnet Punk. If you ask Punk about it, he will give a different reply every time. I've heard him say it means Cookie Monster, Chicago Made, Chick Magnet, etc.
Send your cards in a large (colorful?) envelope with your request & self addressed stamped return envelope.
That's your best bet.
I think Roufusport will layout his fanmail & he'll sign it; or he will tell Roufusport to RTS all fanmail.
My 2 cents/thoughts.

Thanks man. I already have a package ready to go. Has he already started training there?
Collector of

deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

Hardcore42187 wrote:
deeakay wrote:
That's your best bet.
My 2 cents/thoughts.
Thanks man. I already have a package ready to go. Has he already started training there?
Yes, Punk is already there as of Monday.
Pettis & Roufusport both posted a photo on Instagram with him in the group pic.
Interesting to see Tyron Woodley in town too.
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/photo-chec ... um=twitter
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

ConRyl wrote:Is he signing as Phil Brooks or CM Punk?
If you see any of his interviews from the day of the announcement w/ Ariel this question is asked.
He prefers to be called Punk & that's what people call him.
He referred to how he has built his "brand" over the years, has the name recognition and sees no reason change.

Here are his own words to this question: (video link below begins at the start of the question)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FCKR7e7tqg#t=820
Hardcore42187
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hardcore42187 »

Need a little help here guys. I got two different addresses for the Noguerias. Which one is correct?

Team Nogueira
486 Recreio dos Bandeirante
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
22790-350
Brazil

Or

Team Nogueira Academia
R Sao Francisco de Assis, 486
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
22790-350
Brazil

Thanks
Collector of

FACEPUNTER
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FACEPUNTER »

The bottom one dude with 486
2012 Bloodlines flag base - 78/150
Jumbo mat relics - 73/132
2010 Onyx/88 4x6 photo 32/70
ME Propaganda poster - 4/10
2012 Finest Bloodlines Inserts/188 - 12/25
2013 Bloodlines flag base - 83/150

deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

Hardcore42187 wrote:Need a little help here guys. I got two different addresses for the Noguerias. Which one is correct?
Team Nogueira
486 Recreio dos Bandeirante
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
22790-350
Brazil
Or
Team Nogueira Academia
R Sao Francisco de Assis, 486
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
22790-350
Brazil
Thanks
This is what I use with success:
Team Nogueira Academia
R. São Francisco de Assis, 486
Recreio dos Bandeirantes
Rio de Janeiro - RJ
22790-350
BRAZIL
Bigblu89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Bigblu89 »

At the Q&A this past weekend, the few guys that I heard he signed for, he signed everything CM Punk.