John Cleese In-Person Success & Failure

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
fartoons
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

John Cleese In-Person Success & Failure

Post by fartoons »

November 12, 2014 I went to a show/book signing with John Cleese in Kansas City. I drove four hours and waited for him an hour straight in the freezing cold because I knew all the books he was giving out were pre-signed and I wanted to meet him. When he pulled up in his limo he got out wearing a baseball cap and black jacket. There was only me and one other guy waiting to see him (he waited in his car so he cheated.) Mr. Cleese was surrounded by security. He spoke with them for about 15 seconds and though I was standing right in front of him he did not make eye contact. I just stood there smiling. He then walked off with security. As the other guy shouted "Mr. Cleese!" security responded "leave Mr. Cleese alone" very rudely. I said that I waited an hour but it really didn't help. So I walked inside to get my pre-signed book and see the show.

Ryan

Last edited by fartoons on Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Towie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: John Cleese In-Person Success & Failure

Post by Towie »

John Cleese is a tw@t. Any other python would of signed your photo and would of giving you a few seconds of their time. He hasn't been funny for over 25 years.
I saw him live 3 years ago on his tour to pay for his divorce. I got the tickets free and It was rubbish.