Jimmy Carter autopen (?)

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
tommie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Jimmy Carter autopen (?)

Post by tommie »

Sent a SASE and letter to President Carter on 4/11/14. I received it back today with his 8x10. It's with him standing in front of the American flag with a white bottom. It looks like autopen.

Has he started sending out autopen copies?
Zaj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Jimmy Carter autopen (?)

Post by Zaj »

tommie wrote:Sent a SASE and letter to President Carter on 4/11/14. I received it back today with his 8x10. It's with him standing in front of the American flag with a white bottom. It looks like autopen.

Has he started sending out autopen copies?
Not generally, no. And usually that photo is authentic. Usually with Carter you'll either get an authentic or a PP. Someone like George W. Bush utilizes an AP quite a lot, but Jimmy Carter it's either PP or authentic. Without seeing the photo I can't know for sure, but based on the description, usually authentic.
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Markd »

With Jimmy Carter you will get a preprint unless you send him a photo. I'm pretty sure the photo you described is his standard preprint. Is it signed 'Jimmy Carter' or 'J Carter'?
Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca
Zaj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zaj »

Markd wrote:With Jimmy Carter you will get a preprint unless you send him a photo. I'm pretty sure the photo you described is his standard preprint. Is it signed 'Jimmy Carter' or 'J Carter'?
Not true. I didn't send him a photo about two years ago and he provided his own and it's authentic.
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Markd »

Zaj wrote:
Markd wrote:With Jimmy Carter you will get a preprint unless you send him a photo. I'm pretty sure the photo you described is his standard preprint. Is it signed 'Jimmy Carter' or 'J Carter'?
Not true. I didn't send him a photo about two years ago and he provided his own and it's authentic.
Well that's very rare. He has been sending out his standard preprint for years, but will sign authentically if you provide the photo.

tommie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tommie »

It's signed Jimmy carter.

I didn't think that he sent PP. I sent him a photo that was returned.
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Markd »

Yeah, unfortunately that's his preprint. Anything handsigned by him will just be 'J Carter' not the full 'Jimmy'. Its weird that he returned your photo, but he is particular about the photos he's willing to sign.

Zaj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zaj »

Markd wrote:Yeah, unfortunately that's his preprint. Anything handsigned by him will just be 'J Carter' not the full 'Jimmy'. Its weird that he returned your photo, but he is particular about the photos he's willing to sign.
Just a suggestion for anyone who wants it... a popular one to send that I would recommend is a picture of him and his wife. Both of them will sign it! It's a great piece to add to your collection.
megan69487
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by megan69487 »

Zaj wrote:
Markd wrote:Yeah, unfortunately that's his preprint. Anything handsigned by him will just be 'J Carter' not the full 'Jimmy'. Its weird that he returned your photo, but he is particular about the photos he's willing to sign.
Just a suggestion for anyone who wants it... a popular one to send that I would recommend is a picture of him and his wife. Both of them will sign it! It's a great piece to add to your collection.
My mother in law had taken this photo at an event with them and then sent it to be signed, but I'm wondering if it's real now, since he signed his full name??

jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

Photos real and awesome!
Looks like he figured the photo is a unique item and gave his full signature.
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

Meet WWWF and NWA wrestling legends Handsome Jimmy the Boogie Woogie Man Valiant, a WWE Hall of Famer

ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!
Get your picture taken with Jimmy!
Enjoy his museum of wrestling memorabilia
Purchase a souvenir t-shirt, dvd or book or have a mask, pair of boots or trunks customized by Jimmy's talented seamstress wife, Angel
Watch his talented BWC students perform in-ring.

Thanks always, for your support Jimmy!
http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/