Sending mail from US to UK...

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Sending mail from US to UK...

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to get all the Harry Potter cast, which will be unsuccessful partially, considering the many I've heard send pps. Anywho, how exactly do you send to UK? Like, what stamps? I've been wondering for so long, because I can't mail any of them without knowing, and I know of NO United States addresses. Any help would be much appreciated!!
orangelazarus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by orangelazarus »

Use 80 cents worth of stamps for a regular one ounce white envelope.

Use $1.60 worth if you're sending two ounces (like a 9x12 manila envelope if you're also sending a picture).
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Sending mail from US to UK...

Post by TheCollector »

Anonymous wrote:I'm trying to get all the Harry Potter cast, which will be unsuccessful partially, considering the many I've heard send pps. Anywho, how exactly do you send to UK? Like, what stamps? I've been wondering for so long, because I can't mail any of them without knowing, and I know of NO United States addresses. Any help would be much appreciated!!
Hi {up}

You will also have to include a couple of IRC's (international reply coupons) with your return envelope if you want to pre-pay the return postage.

I know some people on the forum say there is no need, but I am a firm believer that you stand a MUCH greater chance of a positive reply if you send the return postage.

Don't take this the wrong way, but from what you said in your posting, you are already expecting to fail!!!!!!! I know that some members of the cast are more difficult to get, but many of the supporting actors and actresses are quite good signers, such as Maggie Smith, Jennifer Saunders, Robbie Coltrane (sends pp's and genuine), Alan Rickman, John Hurt, David Tennant (also the new Dr Who!), Warwick Davis, Julie Walters, Richard Harris and John Cleese.

There are loads of others, and you can check out the cast lists on http://www.imdb.com for a full list.

Good luck, and if you need any further help, let us know!!!

Ian {thumb2}
alacsac
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by alacsac »

thanks so much! haha, yeah, sometimes i tend to be down on myself, but everyone here is so nice!! thanks so much!!
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

alacsac wrote:thanks so much! haha, yeah, sometimes i tend to be down on myself, but everyone here is so nice!! thanks so much!!
Hi alacsac {up}

No problem! :lol:

You are right though, Fanmail.biz is a really nice bunch of people. If you want to check out the Harry Potter actors/actresses I have successes from please feel free to check out this link: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=7018

Remember, if you need any help with your collecting please let us know!!!!

Ian {thumb2}
alacsac
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by alacsac »

i will be sure, and once again, thank you so much!!
=)
crazy4celebrities07
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by crazy4celebrities07 »

Um!!!! I sent a letter and a SASE to Daniel Radcliffe using

Daniel Radcliffe
c/o ARG Talent
4 Great Portland
Street London, W1W 8PA

but i did not put UK underneath or i did not send and IRC

Please Help

i sent him a 9x12 envlope with 4 stamps to send it back to me!!!
39c stamps
-*- Crazy4Celebrities -*-
My Photography located at link below!

https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.monroe.studios
-*- AUTOGRAPHS - 201 -*-
-*- Most Recent - John Travolta -*-
-*- Sent Out - Lin-Manuel Miranda -*-
Dallas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dallas »

Oops. The envelope is a waste and a waste of your stamps! You cant use a return envelope from the UK with US stamps on it. You have to send IRCs IF you want to pay postage! But I wrote to Emma Watson and Daniel R without SASE or IRCS and got my autographs back within 3 months!
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi crazy4celebrities07 {up}

Welcome to the fourm :P

Like Dallas_S said, you cannot use US stamps to get a reply back to the US from the UK. You either have to send IRCs or nothing at all :wink:

I wouldn't worry about missing the UK bit off of the address, as the post office should be able to work that out. :crosses fingers:

Good luck :P

Ian :mrgreen:
crazy4celebrities07
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by crazy4celebrities07 »

Thanks Ian!!!!

So....yea that was a waste of stamps!!!! so i still might get a reply back!!!???

Chelsea

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:33 am.
-*- Crazy4Celebrities -*-
My Photography located at link below!

https://www.facebook.com/chelsea.monroe.studios
-*- AUTOGRAPHS - 201 -*-
-*- Most Recent - John Travolta -*-
-*- Sent Out - Lin-Manuel Miranda -*-