Johnny Depp--signed

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Normanbotts
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Johnny Depp--signed

Post by Normanbotts »

Baggiebubs wrote:
Normanbotts wrote:Yes it's autopen the same as all the rest
Yeah only Normanbotts owns his real autograph everybody else's is autopen you should know this by now.
No no Baggiebobs You got it wrong once again as I have the same autopen too unfortunately. That's how I knew you see :D
NB
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

dancingirl1 wrote:I respectfully agree to disagree. I agree with some small bullet points, but overall, i don't agree with you. {up}

EDIT: I will use this as an example: A lot of people in my sig don't sign TTM anymore (and that's just a fact..). One of the reasons why is because a lot of them get TONS of mail. And part of it is because 'young' stars (ages 18-35) have some crazy fans and then it leads some stalker situations depending on who it is. So then it kinda is ruined for everyone else because then they start to reply to "special" requests only, like Taylor S. People like James Earl, Alan Rickman, Olivia Newton John, and "older people" have some time to answer mail. If you look @ James' IMDB page, there isn't much going on the last couple years. I'm not saying he doesn't work because he did Broadway too.. But when I originally said "...Those celebs that you listed above don't have the fame that Beyonce, Justin......" That didn't have anything to do with them not working every second of the day. What I meant by that was the CRAZY CRAZY fan bases and ect. You know the hardcore Justin fans and etc..Them girls are nuts lol.
1) etc. Not ect. "etc." is a shortened way of saying "et cetera", which is Latin for "and the rest" or "and more". Ect. means nothing.

2) Everything you said is just further proving my point, so I fail to see what you disagree with.

Once again:

How famous you are=number of people who know your name/work.

How famous you are=/=number of security risks you may encounter in fanmail (see both of my other posts in this thread)
How famous you are=/=how busy you are (see my first post in this thread)
How famous you are=/=how much mail you get (see both my other posts in this thread)
MW1221 wrote: Sure, the more famous someone is, the more likely they are to fit into a category with minimal to no signing, but the number of major celebrities...who hand sign their TTM requests often and the number of non-celebrities who send out PPs/APs/Secs is enough to show you that, at the very least, you're over simplifying the issue.

The things you're citing are valid reasons for not signing, but they're not synonymous with how famous someone is. They're caused by fame, yes, but they're caused by having fame for specific reasons with specific demographics, not by fame itself, as we've both said.

You're taking a lot of independent reasons for not signing (such as the list I made on my first post on this thread) and grouping them all together, then taking a large step back and making a generalization that since all of them can be attributed to the same thing (among several others), that thing is the actual reason.

That's stereotyping.

Each example and each reason can (and needs to) stand on its own.

Some people, famous and non, don't sign because they're too busy.
Some people, famous and non, don't get their own mail because of potential security risks.
Some people, famous and non, don't sign because they hate signing.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

You can't judge any of that by how famous someone is, you judge them on their merits alone. Fame may be a contributing factor to the actual reasons, but it's not a reason in and of itself.
lautnerfied wrote:MW1221- Great Posts
Thank you! {up}
Normanbotts wrote:
Baggiebubs wrote:
Normanbotts wrote:Yes it's autopen the same as all the rest
Yeah only Normanbotts owns his real autograph everybody else's is autopen you should know this by now.
No no Baggiebobs You got it wrong once again as I have the same autopen too unfortunately. That's how I knew you see :D
You realize he's mocking you, right?
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

MW1221 wrote:That's stereotyping.

You can't judge any of that by how famous someone is, you judge them on their merits alone. Fame may be a contributing factor to the actual reasons, but it's not a reason in and of itself.

H*ll yea that is stereotyping. LOL! And that is what I judge by and 98% of the time I am correct about who will and who won't answer fan mail. I don't agree with " it not a reason in and of itself." I just don't. Another reason is some stars just HATE fanmail (not counting the fame...), but I think fame gets to some these stars. And then they become "uptight" and think "I'm too good for that, blah blah blah. I know there are security reasons AT TIMES, but it's not everyone. I'm not one of the members who needs to get "schooled" here..I have experience in this hobby and imo things have changed since I started back in 2008. But But like I said I just agree to disagree.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

dancingirl1 wrote:
MW1221 wrote:That's stereotyping.

H*ll yea that is stereotyping. LOL! And that is what I judge by and 98% of the time I am correct about who will and who won't answer fan mail. I don't agree with " it not a reason in and of itself." I just don't. Another reason is some stars just HATE fanmail (not counting the fame...), but I think fame gets to some these stars. And then they become "uptight" and think "I'm too good for that, blah blah blah. I know there are security reasons AT TIMES, but it's not everyone. I'm not one of the members who needs to get "schooled" here..I have experience in this hobby and imo things have changed since I started back in 2008. But But like I said I just agree to disagree.

You're not reading what I'm writing at all.
picture_blogger86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by picture_blogger86 »

Congrats on your signed picture. It just reminded me that I sent him my Alice In Wonderland Blu Ray Cover.... I hope I get it back. :(
I made a copy of it but would love to get the original back.
Recently Received: Paige O'Hara, Don Rickles, Phyllis Smith, Larry The Cable Guy, Sam Elliott, Katharine Ross :)
RTS: Nick Offerman :(
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by vivalakayla »

picture_blogger86 wrote:Congrats on your signed picture. It just reminded me that I sent him my Alice In Wonderland Blu Ray Cover.... I hope I get it back. :(
I made a copy of it but would love to get the original back.
You'll get it back I'm sure it just won't be actually signed by him. It'll fool your friends, though!
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

It's okay. You have your mind set on something, as do I. That's okay. I'm moving on. {up}
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
george2607

Post by george2607 »

OK think this horse has been beat to death so closing it out. Let's try to stick to the reason most people sign on for and keep many of our petty feelings and comments out.

george2607