Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by Justinsdad »

I'm loving everybody's sketches they're posting! I need to get mine on here too!

When you this Rudy Nebres Conan sketch above, you can see why the Iron Fist he drew for us is one of my favorite pieces in ANY area of my collection! Comics or otherwise. His version looks a bit more muscular than the Power-Man and Iron Fist we probably all grew up seeing. Not quite Conan muscles, but you get it. And he used that same blue drawing pencil so many artists begin their work with, I love it! It's the one I've got in the very first slot in our album! Nebres is better-known as an Inker, and we know the dude can draw, but I wasn't expecting THAT from him! I'm sure your Conan gave you a similar reaction. Congratulations! I like that this is a way for a younger generation-myself included, as I'm 32-to notice and gain respect for an under-rated legend like Nebres! Thanks for sharing yours!
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

mrwoodland wrote:I got an awesome head sketch of Swamp Thing from Phil Hester on wednesday using the address justinsdad posted, ty Mr.Hester and jd.

So far I have been sending index cards out for sketches, im very new to sketch collecting and just wanted to check with the community at large and make sure that there is not a better option. Any help would be much appreciated :)
At just about any art/hobby store, you can find art cards, or sketch cards, and that's what I use. There are different styles but they're all the same size of regular sports trading cards, and the type I use are the Bristol Smooth, there are 20 per pack and they're usually around 3 dollars. For postage, this is as cheap to mail as it gets. For storage, I really don't think it could get any easier either, as they fit in normal 9-pocket card pages. Plus, I like to think there's a psychological thing to it too. Lol. Sounds dumb, but if I ask for a full-page drawing, or just something large like the comic book backing board, I feel it increases the odds I won't have any response at all, or they'll ask for their commission fee. But if I'm just asking for something quick and small, they'd be more likely to fulfill that request!

We HAVE to send thank you notes to them though! And that's one thing i need to catch up on, but they're using their own time to do this favor for a stranger! And as an artist myself, I know this is how these guys feed their families! So sending a thank you note is the least we can do!
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

Justinsdad wrote:I'm loving everybody's sketches they're posting! I need to get mine on here too!

When you this Rudy Nebres Conan sketch above, you can see why the Iron Fist he drew for us is one of my favorite pieces in ANY area of my collection! Comics or otherwise. His version looks a bit more muscular than the Power-Man and Iron Fist we probably all grew up seeing. Not quite Conan muscles, but you get it. And he used that same blue drawing pencil so many artists begin their work with, I love it! It's the one I've got in the very first slot in our album! Nebres is better-known as an Inker, and we know the dude can draw, but I wasn't expecting THAT from him! I'm sure your Conan gave you a similar reaction. Congratulations! I like that this is a way for a younger generation-myself included, as I'm 32-to notice and gain respect for an under-rated legend like Nebres! Thanks for sharing yours!
I actually became familiar with Rudy when i saw he was a guest at a local con last year. I didnt get to meet him there but his convention appearences are keeping him around with some even younger people, I am 19 haha. And id love to see the Iron Fist he drew you, thats what i asked from him so im a little jealous but im very happy with the Conan sketch. And thank you for the advice on sketch cards ill definately look into it
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

And yet another success from one of Justinsdads addresses. Klaus Janson was nice enough to sketch me Daredevil, and sign 3 marvel trading cards for me. Image[/url[URL=http://s823.photobucket.com/user/James_Hulce/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0014_zps6be53076.jpg.html]Image
baseball/COMIC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by baseball/COMIC »

mrwoodland wrote:And yet another success from one of Justinsdads addresses. Klaus Janson was nice enough to sketch me Daredevil, and sign 3 marvel trading cards for me. Image[/url[URL=http://s823.photobucket.com/user/James_Hulce/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0014_zps6be53076.jpg.html]Image
Wow incredible sketch i need to send some out
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

Does Erik Larsen, Terry Dodson and Darwyn Cooke sign in through the mail? I've been trying to find addresses for them both and have been coming up empty.

Thanks,

Mike
baseball/COMIC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by baseball/COMIC »

spideyfan71 wrote:Does Erik Larsen, Terry Dodson and Darwyn Cooke sign in through the mail? I've been trying to find addresses for them both and have been coming up empty.

Thanks,

Mike
eric larsen signs through the mail he can be contacted here

Image Comics, Inc.
2001 Center Street, Sixth Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

baseball/COMIC wrote:
spideyfan71 wrote:Does Erik Larsen, Terry Dodson and Darwyn Cooke sign in through the mail? I've been trying to find addresses for them both and have been coming up empty.

Thanks,

Mike
eric larsen signs through the mail he can be contacted here

Image Comics, Inc.
2001 Center Street, Sixth Floor
Berkeley, CA 94704
Thank you so much! I will get a request out to him ASAP.

Mike
baseball/COMIC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by baseball/COMIC »

Hey guys not a ttm but thought id post it got the biggest legend in comics signature stan lee on a peter parker the spectacular spiderman 35 which was the first spiderman comic i ever read and i won a signed 8 by 10 photo of his from the set of the avengers. i won it by winning comic book trivia. can’t believe i got these love megacon
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

Today I recieved an awesome sketch of the Flash from Irwin Hasen. Its awesome to see him still doing awesome work at his age Image