Morgan Freeman Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Zaj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Morgan Freeman Success

Post by Zaj »

Striker83 wrote:
Zaj wrote:
george2607 wrote:Hi CHI,

Very strong statement.

For those of us who do not know you, could you please explain how you know and can be so sure about it.

Thanks
He is correct. Freeman is quoted as saying, "I don't do autographs, they're are a waste of time."
http://www.eurweb.com/2013/04/morgan-fr ... e-of-time/

Not always...
http://www.mikethefanboy.com/pretty-in- ... -and-more/
That's a photo..... Not an autograph.
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stillluckyas13canbe »

Very strong statement.

For those of us who do not know you, could you please explain how you know and can be so sure about it.

Thanks
I think it's awesome that you, someone who has been a member for so long and is obviously one of the many appointed Mods of years gone by is now active again. It would be really nice if you could make comment on the serious issues on the forum, like those hurling abuse, trolling and breaking the law.
Things not to do, forget your autosaved password for a forum. Woops.

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
http://one4themoney.wordpress.com
LOADS of awesome signed items up for auction :
)
CHIgrapher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CHIgrapher »

Very strong statement.

Thanks

Freemans signing issues/habits are common knowledge in the collecting community.

On par with Travolta sec signed TTM items.

If you were unaware... you need to find a better source of info other than fanmail.biz
george2607

Post by george2607 »

Common knowledge is not usually knowledge but in most cases, a guess, hearsay, read somewhere, heard somewhere, saw on TV, heard on radio, think I read it somewhere, etc. It is rarely actual knowledge. The term should be common belief which is what it is.

I'm not saying you or anyone else is wrong about this or any other signature but I think that if we are going to tell a member they have a fake we should be able to back up that statement with fact not belief.

As to my renewed activeness that is none of your business. But I'm glad you mentioned it because I have learned that when someone can't answer the question properly they tend to attack the one asking. All I asked, and I did so in a very nice way was for you to tell us now you knew for sure what you were saying was fact. Which, by the way, you have still not done.

HOWEVER !!!!!!!!! I think all of us should make an effort to keep the postings on a non-personal level. Let's do the topics and keep other remarks out of it. Can I get an "AMEN" on that????
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by vivalakayla »

george2607 wrote:Common knowledge is not usually knowledge but in most cases, a guess, hearsay, read somewhere, heard somewhere, saw on TV, heard on radio, think I read it somewhere, etc. It is rarely actual knowledge. The term should be common belief which is what it is.

I'm not saying you or anyone else is wrong about this or any other signature but I think that if we are going to tell a member they have a fake we should be able to back up that statement with fact not belief.

As to my renewed activeness that is none of your business. But I'm glad you mentioned it because I have learned that when someone can't answer the question properly they tend to attack the one asking. All I asked, and I did so in a very nice way was for you to tell us now you knew for sure what you were saying was fact. Which, by the way, you have still not done.

HOWEVER !!!!!!!!! I think all of us should make an effort to keep the postings on a non-personal level. Let's do the topics and keep other remarks out of it. Can I get an "AMEN" on that????

I thought the part where Morgan said "I don't do autographs, they're a waste of time." Would've been proof enough?
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stillluckyas13canbe »

george2607 wrote:Common knowledge is not usually knowledge but in most cases, a guess, hearsay, read somewhere, heard somewhere, saw on TV, heard on radio, think I read it somewhere, etc. It is rarely actual knowledge. The term should be common belief which is what it is.

Erm, the authenticity of a Morgan Freeman autograph was at no point in my post, so not sure how you can consider it an attack when I couldn't answer the post. At no point was I responding to your comments on him, I'll leave that to those who have the expertise, so that is moot in regards to me. Of course, it's interesting to note your little rant that when you can't answer you go on the offensive. Pretty sure you didn't answer any of my points and went straight on the offensive yourself. Irony, I do love it sometimes.

My point was you are one of the few people still to have their name in yellow, and regardless of your reasons for beginning to post again now, your post count and join date clearly shows you were one of those appointed en masse with no real experience, again that's cool, that's how Admin rolled then in his infinite wisdom, but it doesn't mean you can't do the right thing here. It could be that your powers are restricted, again, that's not a shock, most are, but if you can't delete posts and issue warnings or bans, you should at least be looking out for issues. In the last couple of days one particular poster has been posting homophobic abuse repeatedly and there's a post in his history referring to sexual acts. If you can't see fit to either act if you are able to, or at least comment on it to indicate a Mod has seen it and it should be removed, then you are indeed just one of those lackeys who did nothing. As I said, it's commendable that you are chasing authenticity issues which is extremely important though, to use your words, "for those who don't know you", (and very few do due to your lack of activity) your response to CHIgrapher could come across with a tone as well, and not a positive one.

Bottom line is your name is in Yellow. You must have asked at some point to be a Moderator. There are two types of Mods currently on this forum: Those who take action to reports, point out errors and rule breakers and do what they can. And then there's those like Shaun who do nothing. Which one are you?

OH... for a Mod, this should be interesting http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 5&start=15 Scroll down a wee bit and tell me if that's something that should be on a forum like this?
Things not to do, forget your autosaved password for a forum. Woops.

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
http://one4themoney.wordpress.com
LOADS of awesome signed items up for auction :
)
Jammydodger
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jammydodger »

CHIgrapher wrote:Definitely not authentic. Freeman will rarely ever sign IP and will not sign TTM.

Ever since the injuries he received in a car accident several years ago he signing habits have gotten worse.
Yes I agree
CHIgrapher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CHIgrapher »

vivalakayla wrote:

I thought the part where Morgan said "I don't do autographs, they're a waste of time." Would've been proof enough?

No.... I used the correct phrase... its common knowledge.

Ask Queinten Pierre... his personal assistant... I'm sure hell tell you the same thing.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

jason1980s wrote:
Zaj wrote:If they are a waste of time why does he even hire a sec to sign then? Kinda redundant.

You're assuming he tells his secretary to do it. For all he knows, he DOESN'T know. lol
I wouldn't be surprised if there were stars who didn't know. I bet some haven't even seen the people who sign for them, in years.

There was also a movie or agency address where someone sent to Kristen Davis and someone (not KD) sent back all the photos signed with trash comments. One I remember most is writing the sender's wife should leave him.

Morgan Freeman is near impossible IP, he won't even make his way over to fans.[/quote]

I've actually talked to a celebrity who found out from fans that someone at their agency signed their mail, and they didn't even know they had received it, let alone that someone else was signing it.
vivalakayla

Post by vivalakayla »

CHIgrapher wrote:

No.... I used the correct phrase... its common knowledge.

Ask Queinten Pierre... his personal assistant... I'm sure hell tell you the same thing.
I was referring to the link that was posted that included a sound clip of Morgan talking.