Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
AxlSlash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews

Post by AxlSlash »

Toews and Patrick Kane did a public signing in Chicago yesterday. Tickets were extremely pricey, but Toews was the last of the Hawks' "Big 3" that I was still looking to pick up (already have Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa IP autographs), so I just went for Tazer. He was there from 2-4pm, and they sold 500 tickets. It moved pretty quick, but was still amazing. I got a photo (don't wanna post it 'cause I had other people with me and don't want to spread their photo around) and he signed my official game puck from this season's opening game, at which the Blackhawks raised their 2013 Stanley Cup Champions banner. Amazing, amazing day meeting one of the best in the world!

AxlSlash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews

Post by AxlSlash »

Yeah he was super nice. Definitely one of the shorter interactions I've had at a signing, but he only had 2hrs to sign 500 autographs, so I understand.
AxlSlash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AxlSlash »

Back in high school, I met Bobby Hull at a Chicago Wolves game. It was a paid signing, but still neat. Got a mini stick, card, and ticket signed. Also got a photo, but I have no idea where it is.

I met Brent Sopel at the 2010 Pride Parade after the Hawks won the cup. I got to chat with him briefly (it was the day after he was traded to Atlanta/Winnipeg), take a photo, and had him sign my puck. I also handed my camera to the limo driver who stuck it through the partition to get a picture of a certain trophy.

Met Corey Crawford in the airport last summer (2012). He claimed it wasn't him so I didn't take a photo or anything, but it was totally him.

I got a quick photo with Patrick Sharp this past summer. He was rushing into a radio station in Chicago doing an appearance with the Cup (which stayed in its box until they got it inside), but took a quick shot with me while he was on his way in.

AxlSlash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AxlSlash »

He did a signing over the summer, but it was WAY out of my price range. I'm probably going to print out the photo I took with him and mail it to him at some point.