Comic Book Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Comic Book Collectors

Post by mrwoodland »

http://s823.photobucket.com/user/James_ ... t=3&page=1
Here is a link to my photobucket page with most of my comikaze loot. I got books signed by Chris Burnham, Mike S. Miller, Herb Trimpe, Marc Silvestri, Brian Posehn, Gerry Duggan, David Mack, Humberto Ramos, Edgar Delgado, and John Romita Jr.. I also got a sketch of Superman from James Potter, and I went back to JRJR at tue end of the day when and made sure I was the last person in line and he was nice enough to sketch me Iron Man on a Fear Itself cover
baseball/COMIC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by baseball/COMIC »

i got an awesome wolverine and hulk sketch from legendary herb trimpe today
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

I got a few replies this week I haven't had time to post. Here is a Superman sketch done on an index card by Dan Jurgens
http://s823.photobucket.com/user/James_ ... sort=3&o=0
And here is another Superman done by Chris Giarusso
http://s823.photobucket.com/user/James_ ... sort=3&o=3

I sent to Dan c/o DC comics but right now they are moving to Burbank, CA so I wouldn't send for a while and I contacted Chris through his website
spideyfan71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spideyfan71 »

Nice stuff. Giarusso asked me not to send him anything to sign or get sketched because he didn't have the time. Congrats on getting the sketch.

Mike
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

spideyfan71 wrote:Nice stuff. Giarusso asked me not to send him anything to sign or get sketched because he didn't have the time. Congrats on getting the sketch.

Mike
That's kinda strange. Chris G asked for my address when I contacted him and this sketch showed up about a week later.

Does anyone have any addresses or ways to contact Bruce Timm, Kurt Busiek, or Renato Guedes?
Also has anyone had a success with Gene Ha? I emailed him about a month ago and never got a reply
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

I got an awesome sketch of Superman from sketch card artist Mike Rooth yesterday. He does some excellent work I recommend you check out some of his work if you haven't.

http://s823.photobucket.com/user/James_ ... sort=3&o=0
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

So far I only have sent out requests for sketches but now I'm finally going to try sending out some books. Any tips? And does anyone know how much it should cost to ship Them in the US?
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

I received a reply from Dick Ayers yesterday. Its very shaky and I now feel horrible for asking the man to sketch for me at his age, so I'm not going to post a picture or his address. Please leave the man alone he has been generous for decades to his fans and deserves some peace at his age.
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

Hey guys-and gals possibly? :-)-just wanted to check, is anyone still reading this post? Or planning on posting again? I've been collecting signed comics for roughly a year now, and this post-especially early on-proved invaluable! So thanks very much to all who went in on compiling all this information!

Well, I've been lucky enough to have some seriously amazing results over the past several months, with a bunch of creators who aren't listed here. So I'm working on compiling my master list of guys who've been responsive to my requests, but I didn't want to post it all if this is truly a dead post! But I'd love to help out my fellow collectors of this amazing art form! So basically, I just want to know-is anyone still checking in here?
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
mrwoodland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mrwoodland »

I frequently view this topic and post replys whenever I get them. I would love to see anything you have received and feel free to take a look around the last few pages where I have posted replys.