An interesting news article ...

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
sex_is_not_the_enemy
$10 gift certificate winner

An interesting news article ...

Post by sex_is_not_the_enemy »

I ran into this news article while reading online.

Just thought you may be interested ...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/depps ... 51188.html
cowboys
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cowboys »

Interesting that it actually got reported in the SMH :shock:

I receive the free email newsletter from Autograph Collector magazine and saw mention of that.

Strange - considering from the evidence on fanmail.biz, Cameron is a great signer TTM, yet all you get from Depp is autopens!!
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi sex_is_not_the_enemy :D

I was going to post a similar article to the one you posted, but it looks like you beat me to it :lol:

The one I was going to post was in todays MX, but the article is a little bit longer.

The thing I find interesting is the Cameron Diaz part, where it says that "Cameron Diaz may be a talented actress, but she's persistently a terrible signer. Instead of just turning down a person's autograph request, she'll lecture them about how dumb autographs are"

What I find hard to believe about this part is the number of Cameron Diaz successes we've been seeing posted on Feedback. Is there any possibility of secretarial autographs???

nowandagain [rockon]

P.S. If anyone wants me to post up the article in MX, let me know but it's essentially the same article with the same information as posted here.
sex_is_not_the_enemy

Post by sex_is_not_the_enemy »

I was thinking the same thing ... :mrgreen:
bohan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bohan »

Diaz is a terrible signer, and yes the TTM's are secretarial.

At the "in her shoes" premiere cameron signed about 10 autographs, and there was hundreds of people there. She only signed some after she was booed. I was lucky enough to get my photo signed by her on that occasion.
spannna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spannna »

*coughs******splutters out her coffee****
depp is an awesome signer and cameron is the worst? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight and i wear my grannies undies!

i understand that johnny is one of the most sort after personalities on the planet and he's far to busy to sign each persons pics personally. so i totally understand the huge influx of autopens out there.but the best signer? IF in the event that you actually get an IP my guess is he's running for his life (from the swarms of fans) and you have caught him mid-step,and therefore one of the luckiest ppl on earth!

i can understand diaz's plight for ppl wanting her signature and her lecturing them. all my friends think im nuts wanting ppls signatures. but from the throngs of happy collecters via this site id say the reporter needs to get thier facts straight.
Latest success: Susan Sarandon vv
Latest RTS: Christopher lloyd
In Person: michael dorman, abbie cornish, joel edgerton, sam worthington, sigrid thornton (pics to come when photobucket comes back online)
bohan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bohan »

spannna wrote:*coughs******splutters out her coffee****
depp is an awesome signer and cameron is the worst? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight and i wear my grannies undies!

i understand that johnny is one of the most sort after personalities on the planet and he's far to busy to sign each persons pics personally. so i totally understand the huge influx of autopens out there.but the best signer? IF in the event that you actually get an IP my guess is he's running for his life (from the swarms of fans) and you have caught him mid-step,and therefore one of the luckiest ppl on earth!

i can understand diaz's plight for ppl wanting her signature and her lecturing them. all my friends think im nuts wanting ppls signatures. but from the throngs of happy collecters via this site id say the reporter needs to get thier facts straight.
I dont think you quite understand the article. This is in regards to in person signatures not through the mail, only genuine signatures that people can prove are real.

That list is pretty good, Johnny Depp is a brilliant signer and he signs for everyone at premieres and other events. Just like Tom Cruise who will sign for hours at a premiere and sign 3 items for each person, both great signers.

If you want evidence of how good a signer Depp is then attend the upcoming Pirates Of The Caribean premiere in London or visit the hotel he is staying at and you will see how accomadating he is to fans.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hey guys {up}

Bohan is right about this. Those articles are purely talking about "in-person" autographs, and Depp is usually pretty good at those.

Unfortunately, Mr Depp is petrified (some might say rightly) of his autograph being sold, so he only usually signs in-person, and when the auto is dedicated.

As we can all appreciate he is a very busy man, and his judgement is that he will sign if the recipient puts themselves out a bit and meets him in-person. Realistically he would not be able to deal with personally signing every TTM request he gets.

On a positive note though, at least he sends out the autopens in preference to getting nothing :wink: Many celebs just ignore fan mail :?

Ian :mrgreen:
bohan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bohan »

collector do you still have all those willy wonka signed photos or have they been auctioned off already?